Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looking forward to the Sphere mode

Niiiiiice. I'm looking forward to this. I tried to do this using three or two 180 panos, but it would never line up.

Wonder if, like the other pano settings, you'll also get a folder with full resolution files........

Looks interesting, hopefully an actual "flat" scrollable 360 will be available too as that's probably more "useful" than a sphere.

Yeah I think this will be very cool! I wonder if the latest iOS update 4.1.9 is in anticipation of the new feature

Niiiiiice. I'm looking forward to this. I tried to do this using three or two 180 panos, but it would never line up.

Wonder if, like the other pano settings, you'll also get a folder with full resolution files........
Try the free Hangar 360 app works great

I made one of these a few days ago using the built-in 180º pano features and Photoshop. Having the original (non-stitched) images from the Spark was key. Looking forward to trying this again but getting the ground right (not a fan of that pinched effect) – or DJI hurrying that .700 firmware along.

Don't forget Hangar 360 creates a photosphere whereas this example is more of a little or tiny planet. However, the files from Hangar 360 stored on the SD card can be used to make a tiny planet and it would remove that pinched affect or thereabouts. I didn't realise that the Spark can only pitch the gimbal to 85 degrees down so it might not be perfect but thankfully its not noticeable on Hangar 360 shots.

I don't like the look of Hangar 360 for several reasons:
  • Their privacy policy allows sharing of a lot of data. They claim that this data is anonymous, but that it may contain IP address and location (far, far away from anonymous).
  • Their terms dictate that they own the rights to all photos processed on their servers.
  • They don't allow you to download the file after they've processed it.
  • They don't allow you to change any camera settings.
There's a reason that they've made this software free, rather than integrating it in to Autopilot or charging a small fee. The same reason all of Google's software is free - they want as many people's data as they can get their hands on.

As for the pinched effect, I've made a Photoahop script to automate the fixing of this from a single additional downward-facing shot. The 85° limit isn't an issue since the Spark's 180pano images overlap considerably. If I get a chance to try it before DJI release their update (finally!) I'll upload.

Last edited:
I don't like the look of Hangar 360 for several reasons:
  • Their privacy policy allows sharing of a lot of data. They claim that this data is anonymous, but that it may contain IP address and location (far, far away from anonymous).
  • Their terms dictate that they own the rights to all photos processed on their servers.
  • They don't allow you to download the file after they've processed it.
  • They don't allow you to change any camera settings.
There's a reason that they've made this software free, rather than integrating it in to Autopilot or charging a small fee. The same reason all of Google's software is free - they want as many people's data as they can get their hands on.

As for the pinched effect, I've made a Photoahop script to automate the fixing of this from a single additional downward-facing shot. The 85° limit isn't an issue since the Spark's 180pano images overlap considerably. If I get a chance to try it before DJI release their update (finally!) I'll upload.
It is only limited when in sports mode. When not in sports mode the camera will face directly downwards.

It is only limited when in sports mode. When not in sports mode the camera will face directly downwards.
No the limit for the spark gimble is -85 degrees that's a physical limit it may look like it's pointing down at 90 degrees but it's only 85

GIMBAL
Controllable Range Pitch: -85° to 0°
Stabilization 2-axis mechanical (pitch, roll)

Here are the rest of the specs

Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers