Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost one

xev11

Join
Jul 5, 2018
So I just lost my spark. A gust of wind threw it into a rock wall while I was hiking. It hit the wall and rolled down a bit. I couldn't see where it landed.
I have the GPS position from the app and tried walking as close to is as possible but couldn't find it in the shrubbery. I even heard another pilot fly a drone minutes after mine went down.
So if anyone finds a red spark at the top of Cathedral Rock in Sedona, AZ it was mine lol.

Sorry for your loss, I feel your pain? My Sparkie went for a swim recently but yesterday they said DJI will come out with a Spark 2. Hopefully all my accessories will fit the new Spark. I am also considering buying a rebuild from DJI just don’t know which way to go yet.

Reactions: xev11
I can’t imagine what it must be like where you lost it but could I ask, did you have a look at predicted wind speeds up above you. UAV does this but how accurate it would be next to a solid rock edifice like Cathedral Rock (just checked it out on Google Maps) I do not know. So sorry for your loss.

Reactions: xev11
I have the GPS location too. I wonder if there's a hiking forum I can post to get someone to retrieve the sd card.

That would be a great idea. Anything you can do to identify its location and if possible retrieve it will help keep the motivation going. When I lost mine up a 30mtr tree here in Bristol UK it took me one cherry picker, tall ladders etc to hunt by which time it had weathered 2 weeks of storms (only UK style not the monsters you have) still couldn’t find it. Put a notice up (accept you won’t get too many passers by there) and in 2 weeks a guy saw it, shinned up the tree (check my age that’s why I didn’t go up!!) and got it for me. Hope you have a very happy ending.

So I just lost my spark. A gust of wind threw it into a rock wall while I was hiking. It hit the wall and rolled down a bit. I couldn't see where it landed.
I have the GPS position from the app and tried walking as close to is as possible but couldn't find it in the shrubbery. I even heard another pilot fly a drone minutes after mine went down.
So if anyone finds a red spark at the top of Cathedral Rock in Sedona, AZ it was mine lol.
i hate to hear that my has been missing since jan 7th on private property even last known locatation no help

Trust me on this if you hit find my drone and it says it's at that spot? It's there! Mine did that an I looked every where it said but could not find it then it got dark and I continued to look with a light I must have walk past it 8 or 9 time's a long with standing in front of it just as I was going to give up my light hit the bush just right and it was setting in front of me all that time! All I could do was shake my head and say OMG how dumb was I not to see it! So yeah go back an look it should be right where it says it is... Hope u find it Take care let me know if u find it....

Trust me on this if you hit find my drone and it says it's at that spot? It's there! Mine did that an I looked every where it said but could not find it then it got dark and I continued to look with a light I must have walk past it 8 or 9 time's a long with standing in front of it just as I was going to give up my light hit the bush just right and it was setting in front of me all that time! All I could do was shake my head and say OMG how dumb was I not to see it! So yeah go back an look it should be right where it says it is... Hope u find it Take care let me know if u find it....
I am no longer in the city. Plus it is likely on a cliff side and not just a simple walk. I've accepted the fact.

Sorry for your loss, I feel your pain? My Sparkie went for a swim recently but yesterday they said DJI will come out with a Spark 2. Hopefully all my accessories will fit the new Spark. I am also considering buying a rebuild from DJI just don’t know which way to go yet.

Spark 2 ?????? i wish !

Reactions: cameraz
Just got back onto the daily digest. Very strange how it unsubscribes one without permission. Slightly annoying. Can’t imagine they will produce a Spark 2. The Air 2, although bigger than Spark (which itself is over the magic 250g) is not massively more expensive than what I paid for my Spark 2 years ago-and compare the spec differences-phenomenal. Not sure there would be a market for it, but as always, I could be wrong.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
That isn't me. Thankfully someone contacted me by looking up the SN on the drone, contacting DJI and DJI providing me with the person's email.
I have since fixed it and taped the registration and my # on several places on the drone.

Reactions: NOLADG
That isn't me. Thankfully someone contacted me by looking up the SN on the drone, contacting DJI and DJI providing me with the person's email.
I have since fixed it and taped the registration and my # on several places on the drone.

I am surprised at the number of drone owners who don't have their contact info attached to their drone. In addition to my registration number prominently displayed on top, I also have stickers with my name and phone number affixed to the Spark's body and one on the battery, should they become separated.
A couple of years ago I lost a (toy) drone in a forest near my house, and that evening a woman called said she and her son found it and would deliver it to me the next day. And she refused to accept any money for returning it! There are some good people out there.

In addition to my registration number prominently displayed on top, I also have stickers with my name and phone number affixed to the Spark's body and one on the battery, should they become separated.

Add a text file from a PC to the SD card just in case the stickers wear out due to the elements outside. :)

Reactions: cameraz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe