Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost Spark! Need new replacement EDIT: FOUND!!!

Join
Mar 7, 2018
Loc
Ann Arbor MI
Well, I finally did it, sent me Spark on a no-return Litchi mission. Pretty sure it was my fault. Ah well many good flights...

I had the fly-more package, so I'd like to buy a NEW Spark - any suggestions on where? The Amazon price seems pretty high for just the Spark alone. (Renewed $399)

Barring that, what do you feel is the next best replacement for the Spark and would it work with my Spark controller?

Thanks!

Bummer about your Spark.

Did you try "Find my Drone"?

Probably too late now.

The flight logs may show what happened and the last location of the Spark during the mission.

The replacement Spark will work with your controller, you'll just have to link the two together.

Keep an eye on the classified section here in the Forum as good deals are to be had if quick.

Good luck. :)

Or look on ebay, craigslist and the like for someone upgrading to something different.

Sorry.
When we loose something, we know its sonewhere, not evaporated, so....
When you go back to where you 'think' it is, throw a wider circle/search pattern, the amount of time I have been wrong with my inital ideas should prove it.
Good luck!

That truly sucks Bob. And you're right about availability. I had no idea this drone was so expensive these days. I agree with the others, someone will upgrade to the mini and sell theirs.

I did, so maybe I'll get a call someday.

What does everyone think about what is the best Spark replacement drone?

Well... Another spark would be nice, especially if you can find a good price. Otherwise, people seem to like Mavic Mini. I just got a Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: RotorWash
Hi Bob, firstly, sorry for your loss. Every time I sent my Spark out on a Litchi mission things were clenched pretty tight! Luckily for me its always come back. You asked about a replacement... dont know what your budget is, but I can recommend the Mavic Air 2, I am about 7 flights into mine, still have the Spark too, and can vouch for its suitability as a step-up-replacement. The Mini is cool, but if you live anywhere windy conditions, your windows of opportunity are going to be less than with your Spark. The Air2 can fight the wind, I have taken it up in conditions I never would have trusted the Spark in. So far, the MA2 community is reporting almost completely positive feedback. So while the price tag is somewhat higher, I must admit it was totally worth it for me. Hope this helps. Controller you still have wont work with it however.

Reactions: RotorWash
AirData is your friend, if it was still frying & not over water then it could be found no problem, I have on a couple of occasions, found mine after a week even in heavy scrub ! :)

My Spark crashed on a Litchi mission to a friends house. I thought all was lost when 11 days later a nice Electric person, who was working on downed lines, found it and gave me a call! I was literally on the DJI site looking at Father's Day sales when the phone rang. No damage to the Spark, sturdy little thing!. Pays to have your phone # on your drone...

It hit a tree on a Litchi mission, now I want to dig into the reasons why the obstacle avoidance didn't seem to work. I didn't purposely put it into sport mode, but does the mission cruise speed setting of 33.6mph do it automatically?

The Crash:

My Spark crashed on a Litchi mission to a friends house. I thought all was lost when 11 days later a nice Electric person, who was working on downed lines, found it and gave me a call! I was literally on the DJI site looking at Father's Day sales when the phone rang. No damage to the Spark, sturdy little thing!. Pays to have your phone # on your drone...

It hit a tree on a Litchi mission, now I want to dig into the reasons why the obstacle avoidance didn't seem to work. I didn't purposely put it into sport mode, but does the mission cruise speed setting of 33.6mph do it automatically?

The Crash:

Yea. At 33MPH, the obstacle avoidance does not have time to spot a tree before running into it. There is no substitute to having your eyeballs on your drone.

Reactions: Haggi
Pays to have your phone # on your drone...

Yes sir. ?

Another good place is on the SD card itself as a text file you create on a PC.

Just in case the stickers wear out due to the elements if the Spark has to spend some time roughing it in the wilderness. :)

Reactions: ndaru and Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit