Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost Spark over water, Find my drone says it landed on dry land.

Templar74

Join
Nov 16, 2021
Hi.
I am helping my son to find MY Spark drone. :)
He was flying over water to test a range extender, when suddenly all types of warnings appeared on his android phone. (Huawei 10 lite)
Flight record show that the drone disappeared over the lake with zero speed, find my drone place the drone on dry land. What is correct? Is there a possibility that the drone is on dry land somewhere? We have searched at that spot, but with no luck.
Flightlog is attached.
I hope someone can help us :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-11-09_[15-29-30].txt
    498.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20211109-154600.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-154600.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 17
Your flight is viewed here: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It seems at 4:33.4 your Spark is 4,142.3ft away and lost its downlink and initiated Return to Home. It regained the downlink, but then began to have a Yaw Error and went into Atti mode at 4:51.6. It did bounce between Sport mode and P-GPS a few times, but went back into Atti mode again and the log ends at 5:12.5 with an altitude of 530ft and 3840 feet away from the take off point. It is possible the flight log ended due the drone crashed or if it lost signal again.

Unfortunately, when the Spark is in Atti mode, it drifts with the wind and does not know it's true location. I am also amazed at the difference in the location between the flight record end and the "Find my drone" location. It does look like you had a light wind toward the north, maybe it is trying to calculate where it might be....

I guess there could be a possibility that the drone is on dry land somewhere, but it will be impossible to pin point where.

Quite an impressive flight that you were actually 1262 meters away!

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid you're probably right! But i would really like to know why this happened in the first place, and why the app is indicating that my Spark made it to shore. I have another Spark, and to be honest i do not trust the failsafe function anymore.
My son bought a antenna booster and did something with the GPS setting. With the OTG cable he flew almost 2km before signal was lost. The RTH function brought it back. 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe