Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lower Bedeque Peninsula

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Was in the Lower Bedeque area yesterday and got some shots from a peninsula that juts out into Summerside Harbour.

As I get to the shoreline a little rock pile gets my attention so I go over to have a look...
lower_bedeque_1.jpg

I guess Jo-Anne already beat me to it 43 years ago, and with a Spark no less! (time travel maybe :) ) After seeing that I figured I had good luck on my side.

lower_bedeque_2.jpg

lower_bedeque_3.jpg

lower_bedeque_4.jpg

lower_bedeque_5.jpg

Was in the Lower Bedeque area yesterday and got some shots from a peninsula that juts out into Summerside Harbour.

As I get to the shoreline a little rock pile gets my attention so I go over to have a look...
View attachment 12991

I guess Jo-Anne already beat me to it 43 years ago, and with a Spark no less! (time travel maybe :) ) After seeing that I figured I had good luck on my side.

View attachment 12992

View attachment 12993

View attachment 12994

View attachment 12995

Is that an impromptu helipad at the lighthouse? ?

I don't see a walk from the shore.

Reactions: RotorWash
What a great find. I love it when something small (like a pile of small stones in your case) catches ones eye and you discover the bigger surprise. What's the odds that Spark found Sparky. Must have taken awhile for Jo Anne and Sparky to carve their names deep enough in the rock to last all those years.
Very nice of the lighthouse people to provide a well marked landing spot for Spark pilots. :D
Thanks RotorWash and nice post work on pics too.

• Love
Reactions: RotorWash
What a great find. I love it when something small (like a pile of small stones in your case) catches ones eye and you discover the bigger surprise. What's the odds that Spark found Sparky. Must have taken awhile for Jo Anne and Sparky to carve their names deep enough in the rock to last all those years.
Very nice of the lighthouse people to provide a well marked landing spot for Spark pilots. :D
Thanks RotorWash and nice post work on pics too.
Thanks very much DJ, I was looking at the rock thinking pretty much the same thing! The landing pad was indeed a nice gesture. :)

Is that an impromptu helipad at the lighthouse? ?

I don't see a walk from the shore.
Coast Guard choppers land there to perform maintenance to the lighthouse. Flights are quite infrequent and since it's not a registered helipad the area is zoned class G under 2200'. As for getting the shot, it was either break out the chest waders or break out the parabolic... :)

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers