Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Made my SPARK sparkle

Der olle Hansen

Join
Jul 3, 2020
Loc
Luebeck, Germany
The original Chinese name of the DJI SPARK is, which means "dawn". But the visual design of this drone indicates neither one nor the other meaning.
I like the "western" name better anyway, so I spiced up my SPARK a bit to fit that meaning.
With some glitter foil I glued a "spark" to the back of my drone and the wing tips now shine in red and blue glitter. I like it so much that I changed my avatar picture right away.

SPARK.jpg

And here is the "One-Million-Dollar-Question": Where did I "steal" this lightning bolt?

A little hint: the artist was a certain "Mr. Jones", who under this name could never have become the superstar that everyone knows him to be. Unfortunately "Mr. Jones" died in 2016 what made me really sad and since he made a significant contribution to the "soundtrack of my life", this redesign of my SPARK is also a honorable bow to this artist.

The original Chinese name of the DJI SPARK is, which means "dawn". But the visual design of this drone indicates neither one nor the other meaning.
I like the "western" name better anyway, so I spiced up my SPARK a bit to fit that meaning.
With some glitter foil I glued a "spark" to the back of my drone and the wing tips now shine in red and blue glitter. I like it so much that I changed my avatar picture right away.

And here is the "One-Million-Dollar-Question": Where did I "steal" this lightning bolt?

A little hint: the artist was a certain "Mr. Jones", who under this name could never have become the superstar that everyone knows him to be. Unfortunately "Mr. Jones" died in 2016 what made me really sad and since he made a significant contribution to the "soundtrack of my life", this redesign of my SPARK is also a honorable bow to this artist.
Shazam

Reactions: sparky markie
That looks really cool but the foil paper may interfere with the GPS reception. I used a reflective vinyl decal on my Spark and it did not pick up any GPS satellites at all. I hope that is not a problem in your case though.

I wonder if the glitter / glue on the prop tips may throw the prop balance off a tiny bit while hovering at 12,000 RPM's and / or affect the flight when spinning faster. ?

It does look pretty cool. ?

Ziggy would approve!
That's right! You are the winner ? of the puzzle!

Ziggy certainly would ... and like all the young dudes will say, when they see my SPARK: "Oh! You pretty thing" ... ;)

I wonder if the glitter / glue on the prop tips may throw the prop balance off a tiny bit while hovering at 12,000 RPM's and / or affect the flight when spinning faster. ?
Yes, I also see that danger ... and will watch it very critically. Otherwise it was just for the photo and the wing tips come off again. >This shop< covers even entire wings ... I'm very skeptical about that.

That looks really cool but the foil paper may interfere with the GPS reception.
Yes, indeed that worries me a little as the foil looks metallic from the "left" side, but the drone was switched on for the photo and found 7 satellites inside my apartment, so it might work. The glitter foil I used was inexpensive and glitters extremely strong, you don't see that in the photo that much. The shop linked above offers a postcard with foil samples that I have at home. The foil is extremely thin, sticks very well and is not metallic. But it doesn't glitter as well and is much more expensive ... But if there are problems, this is my "plan B".

After a rainy day it's a nice evening, so I go out and fly ... I just want to quickly check if there is life on Mars ... I'll report later. :)

Last edited:
Lovely. Makes my FAA and CAA registration numbers look very dull on my Spark roof. Bet the props look amazing so long as they don’t pop the balance off.

Today's update:
  • Half of the wing tips flew away in flight :eek: - tore off the rest. ?
  • 15 satellites today, so the glitter lightning does not interfere with GPS reception. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers