Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Air?

actionjack

Join
Jul 13, 2017
Hello been awhile
I am a licensed 107 spark pilot. My spark has been good to me. Been to many places around the world and gets used regularly in my inspection business. I’m think I’m moving up to a Mavic Air but looking for specific direction and general feedback.

Is the folded MA similar in size or smaller than the Spark?

My Spark is a bit wonky with video feed and sig interference. Is the MA the same or any better?

Thanks in advance
Jack
B9DA0B8E-DEFF-4C1F-9794-B0775245ED5E.jpeg

Reactions: windryder
I improved signal and reduced interference with parabolic antenna booster and OTG cable. Only costs about $20 combined.

My smart watch was big source of interference. Try turning yours off if you wear one
I just put up a post asking about my sudden signal loss between my remote and phone. I just got a new galaxy watch yesterday! I might have stumbled upon the solution. Just need to figure out how to turn off the watch or put it into plane mode!

I just put up a post asking about my sudden signal loss between my remote and phone. I just got a new galaxy watch yesterday! I might have stumbled upon the solution. Just need to figure out how to turn off the watch or put it into plane mode!

For best results you must turn smart watch OFF completely and also turn OFF Bluetooth antenna on smart phone.

They are common and often overlooked sources of RF interference.

Glad I was able to help!

Turning off the bluetooth on the phone was key here. It solved the problem completely. Even with the watch on airplane mode, the drone still wasn't operating properly. With the bluetooth turned off on the phone. It was fine. Oddly enough, i never had that problem before I installed the software for the samsung galaxy watch. I wonder has it amped up the bluetooth in someway?

Size does matter here. I love the small size of the Spark. I want the MA for the small size, better signal, and speed. Needs to keep up with sleds at trail speed. Sparky cannot. Fitting in same place as spark on sled is nearly most important to me.

I do not want a drone the makes me turn off my smart watch. What a pain.

Turning off the bluetooth on the phone was key here. It solved the problem completely. Even with the watch on airplane mode, the drone still wasn't operating properly. With the bluetooth turned off on the phone. It was fine. Oddly enough, i never had that problem before I installed the software for the samsung galaxy watch. I wonder has it amped up the bluetooth in someway?
Hey I was gonna thank you for this post as I turned of BT on my phone and Sparky was like brand new with a great video connection and no perceptible video lag. Yay! Well I couldn't get my phone paired with my truck again for most of the day. Uhhg.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe