Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Mini is not "the outlaw drone"

Good grief - it gets old.
A - All these idiots flaunting the FAA rules because:
1 - ignorance
2 - willfully ignore
3 - stupidity
B - scofflaws are going to ruin it for the rest

rinse repeat. No shortage of soapboxes on any of forums where folks own Dji products.

Y'all come up with something that hasn't been said ad nauseum.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
A - All these idiots flaunting the FAA rules because:
1 - ignorance
2 - willfully ignore
3 - stupidity
B - scofflaws are going to ruin it for the rest

rinse repeat. No shortage of soapboxes on any of forums where folks own Dji products.

Let’s put it through again!
1573318965093.jpeg

Last edited:
[...]

The part that's new is that DJI appears to be marketing a new drone with a wink wink nudge nudge weight limit.

When drones are outlawed, only outlaws will have drones. ?

The part that's new is that DJI appears to be marketing a new drone with a wink wink nudge nudge weight limit.
It's not news that a Moped under 50cc is marketed as not needing a vehicular license.
It's also not news that some three wheeled motorcycle/scooters are advertised as not needing a motorcycle endorsement on your license.
Over-regulation has always stifled growth and innovation and companies find end-runs around them.
Back in the day we had AMA airfields with bleachers for people to watch. We had guys that had things like a B-52 scale model with a 35ft wingspan flying.
Nobody got their panties in a wad over them, nor flying them over people.
Just as an FYI it was near Airline HS in Bossier City , LA in a farmer's field. SHARKS - Shreveport Home of Aerial Radio Control.
Probably less than 5 miles from Barksdale AFB. It appears they've moved their field since that time but as I said - it wasn't an issue with anyone back then. What's changed is government over regulation.
So yeah - I get a little tired of the preaching about dumb stuff like circumventing a spurious requirement of registering a bird that weighs over 250g.

I've seen posts and videos in which some people are under the misguided impression that because the Mavic Mini doesn't require registration (being under 250 grams) they don't have to comply with FAA regulations. Ken Heron has a video that should clear that up as it applies to hobbyists and part 107 certified drone pilots.

Mavic Mini is not "the outlaw drone"
i give it 1 year before the faa removes all requierments to register and makes you do so no matter what.... because a hand ful of people will now ruin it for the rest of us again like they did with our current laws... follow the rules people dont be stupid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav