Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Max wind suggested?

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
For those of you that have had your spark for a while now, can you comment on the ability to fly in the wind? I find my Mavic gets Squirrley about 18mph or so , so I'd I don't usually fly above 15. Does that hold true for the spark as well? We have windy conditions here for the next couple days…

Ive had mine up so far in around 5-7 mph winds and it was fine. As soon as it cleared the treetops, the wind picked up a little to maybe 8mph, but the Spark held it's ground. Not sure I would take it up ion winds stronger then 18 unless you have a controller. Wifi mode speed is very limited.

I think there is some misunderstanding with drones and wind. You can fly a Phantom, Mavic or Spark in wind. If you are worried it will flip over and tumble from the sky, then put your mind to rest as it would take a massive amount of wind for this to happen. When DJI speaks of wind it is regarding flying against wind. For the Phantom and Mavic, they can handle a strong wind, although the speed flying into the wind will be slow at full power.

The Spark can not handle flying into strong winds. It will hardly make any distance before the battery drains.

All of the above to say that if you fly the Spark in the wind, just be aware that it may take double the battery power to fly into the wind over a short distance.

his one really looks DJI-like. It'll be interesting to see when it gets released though. Let's not forget that there were also photos like this of another Phantom floating around some months ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme