Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

maximum speed in active track

Roland

Join
Jul 30, 2019
There have been a lot of discussions about max speed in active track. Some say max 10 km/h , someones talk about 35 km/h ??
in the manual they talk about AT follow mode and AT profile mode.
In follow mode, sensors ( automatic brake), are activated, so it's obvious max spead is about 10 km/h.
In profile mode sensors are deactivated .
If I see the movies on youtube where high speed (plus 10 km/h ) is claimed , all the objects are filmed in profile mode.
So , should it be possible that if profile mode is set, max speed will be higher ?
second question, today I've done some practising with active track with my daughter riding her horse . It seems while being in AT altitude , speed and direction can be changed, ( of course object has to stay locked)
Is this correct ?

Reactions: Marcus.mitchell
This video made by our fellow SparkPilots member @Mr Geek should be able to answer your question.

Here's the thread where the video was originally posted.

I just filmed my jet boat going down the river and I was doing 34km. It followed me fine even when I turned. The screen shows\recognizes it is following a boat by the icon on screen. Mine works just great.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Very informative video nilanjan118, thank you. I've seen tests of lesser sophisticated drones that base their "follow me" reference on the RC. I would have thought DJI might have done the same with the Spark, which would make it easier to recover from a moving/moved starting point. However I understand how loss of connection would compromise that. Still, it could revert to the way it's done now and be no worse off.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme