Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mini propps on spark?

knas

Join
Apr 4, 2021
Hi there,

I just got a used spark and the propellers are not exactly brand new so to say. I was looking around and got some ebay ones but quickly realized they looked a bit low quality.
So now i am thinking of getting master airscrew non foldable.

Anyway, what I really was going to ask is if no one has tried to put mini propellers on the spark? The motors look about the same but with a quickrelease on the spark, soo.. just remove that and screw the mini props directly on the spark.
Or maybe mini 2 props would fit better? I dont know..
Anyone here with both drones that can try this?

I'd suggest either of these

I'd suggest either of these

Gotta say I love these on my Spark.
So much lower pitch, stable, yes you can say quieter in that regards.

As usual around any holiday period, MAS are currently having 15% off for Easter.

Here's a comparo I did a while back . . .

Reactions: shuggins
Hello knas!

Your profile does not show your location, but if you are in the United States, check your local Best Buy. There were selling their OEM Spark propellers for $5. If you search for their store availability online, they were priced at $7.99, but in person at the store they were $4.99

I have not tried any of the aftermarket propellers.

Mini props will not fit on a Spark, they are screw on whereas Sparks are quick release.

I have a set of Master Airscrew props and love them. They don't fold and have a lower tone but I feel they are less likely to fail than the original DJI ones because they don't fold. My MAS props are high quality and feel well made. However MAS has been having some quality control issues lately so you may want to do some more research before considering them. I use both the original folding props and my MAS ones depending on what I am doing and the season I am flying in.

Chris

However MAS has been having some quality control issues lately so you may want to do some more research before considering them.

Chris

They seem to be having issues with the MA2 props, from a thread I saw on Mavic Pilots.
Hope they sort it out and there are a few unhappy Air 2 pilots that have tried them.

MAS have been in the prop game a long time (all sorts of model aircraft props) and I think all the tried and tested ones, and their QC, are fine.
Probably Air 2 just a new model and props possibly pushed through and not tested thoroughly.

I wouldn't use anything aftermarket like this (even from a great QC company) for at least a year in the market.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Mini props will not fit on a Spark, they are screw on whereas Sparks are quick release.

I have a set of Master Airscrew props and love them. They don't fold and have a lower tone but I feel they are less likely to fail than the original DJI ones because they don't fold. My MAS props are high quality and feel well made. However MAS has been having some quality control issues lately so you may want to do some more research before considering them. I use both the original folding props and my MAS ones depending on what I am doing and the season I am flying in.

Chris
Yes i know they are screw on Vs quick release. But like I wrote in my first post the quick release are also screwed on.

I have bought some mini 2 props on sale and also some mini screws on sale and will do some testing when they arrive. I also have some master airscrew props now so I am good to go..

Yes i know they are screw on Vs quick release. But like I wrote in my first post the quick release are also screwed on.

I have bought some mini 2 props on sale and also some mini screws on sale and will do some testing when they arrive. I also have some master airscrew props now so I am good to go..
No, the quick release are not screwed on. They have two clips - you insert the prop in the proper motor, push down and twist until it locks. There is a spring that pushes up on the prop and holds it in place. With the Mini you have screws that you have to use a provided screw driver to physically screw each blade of the prop set into the mount. They are not compatible.

Chris

No, the quick release are not screwed on. They have two clips - you insert the prop in the proper motor, push down and twist until it locks. There is a spring that pushes up on the prop and holds it in place. With the Mini you have screws that you have to use a provided screw driver to physically screw each blade of the prop set into the mount. They are not compatible.

Chris
Of course they are screwed on. The bottom part of the quick release at least needs to be right? Then the top part is like you say, pushed down and twisted to lock it. The pictures explain what I was asking to begin with. I have no plans on flying with the mini props but now i know its an option if the spark propellers are hard to find =)

Attachments

• 2021-04-22 20.26.15.jpg
    2021-04-22 20.26.15.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
Now I see what you are trying to do. I had a mini for a very brief time before I returned it and it’s props are much less rigid than the Sparks and with the Spark being 50g heavier you may have some lift or stability problems, but I guess it is worth it if you like tinkering/testing limits. MAS props are good and I have heard that Anbee makes good ones too. If I ever have problems finding props for my Spark I’d go with those before the Mini ones.
I think a more pressing problem will be the lack of availability of batteries well before props.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme