Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mississippi River boating with Spark and Mavic Air. Tough landing...

BingErr

Join
Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys,
Took the Mavic Air and Spark on the Mississippi for some boating today. Good thing I brought both because I forgot to charge the Mavic Air controller and only got one flight out of it. It was VERY tough landing the Mavic Air on a small boat while it was drifting at about 5mph down the Mississippi River. I was quite worried that it would either tear up my hands or just bounce right off the boat into the water. Any tips on landing on a moving boat??? In the end I just grabbed it out of the air and flipped it upside down to turn it off.
I felt more comfortable flying the Spark, but maybe just because I'm a little more nervous of dropping $800 of drone in the river.

0:00-1:51 (except engine close up) Mavic Air
1:52-END Spark (including all close up shots)

Just watched it on YouTube before seeing it here.
I noticed when the MA came out they didn't advertise hand launch / catch like they did with the Spark.
Maybe add on landing struts for capture? Or maybe a fishing net for the MA to land in.
Just take spare props.:p

Reactions: BingErr
Just watched it on YouTube before seeing it here.
I noticed when the MA came out they didn't advertise hand launch / catch like they did with the Spark.
Maybe add on landing struts for capture? Or maybe a fishing net for the MA to land in.
Just take spare props.:p

Actually a fishing net is a really good idea. I don't think it would damage the props too bad and at least you know the drone is staying out of the Mississippi. I'm not sure I'd trust landing feet, since most of them just clip on. But the net! That is a great idea. THANKS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef