Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mixing Firmware Modules

Wanderer

Join
Dec 22, 2017
Is it allowed to discuss about mixing firmware modules here? The point is: currently there is FW .701 on my Spark. Since DJI released a battery update with FW 900, I would like to update my batteries to the latest battery module. But only the batteries!

Since FW 701 is running fine on my Spark, I do not want to change this. But I would like to keep the batteries updated to the latest battery module for safety reasons. This is why I'd like to flash the battery module of the latest 900 FW only, without changing the other modules that currently reside on the aircraft or RC.

So I have some questions regarding mixing FW modules. Anyone here with experience in doing so?

It's always best practice to keep all firmware up to date. What is it about 900 that you want to avoid?

It's the best practice for DJI - but not neccessarily for the users.

Since we can use (and swap) individual modules of the firmware packages, why shouldn't we combine the modules that fits our needs best? Since 701 is running fine, there is no need to make things worse and doing a complete update, losing OTG or whatever.

My question was targeting users that are experienced with module mixing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe