Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mods?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
So the Spark is 1 year old and I wonder if I should get it as for my first drone.
Are theirs mods to make it better like:
- Higher video bitrate
- Better jpeg quality (ported mavic air algorithm)

At my knowledge not.
Buy a Mavic AIR if you need such high level spec, but if it is your first drone better to take a small and mature drone like the Spark IMO.
Video and pictures are really much better than average and flying a drone is not only related to these parameters. There is a lot to learn about flying first, so a drone budget like the Spark is perfect to start. Just be sure to get the remote controller too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marksspark
OK - if the free controller is still available - get the spark - I paid about 350 for spark and a controller which I think is a fair price for the Spark - since I have purchased two batteries. So total cost for Spark and three batteries is $450 half the cost of a Mavic Air Combo. Since learning to fly a Drone is at high risk of loosing or damaging a drone - buy the spark to start makes a lot of sense to me. I will keep learning and at some point I am sure I will upgrade but darn I do like the spark

I hope b&h will bring back the free RC and second battery for 400$ deal, then for sure I will get it.
I can't find much footage at ski, is it good for snowy ski days?

I hope b&h will bring back the free RC and second battery for 400$ deal, then for sure I will get it.
I can't find much footage at ski, is it good for snowy ski days?
Flying in extreme cold conditions will reduce your battery time a bit but otherwise OK. For video/photo work, particularly in snow, I recommend you get a set of ND filters for the camera. Have a look at "ikopta's" post about filters on Youtube, he flies commercially and has lots of good videos on general videoing.

I'm new too and enjoying the spark. Would love to get 25fps but the footage otherwise is quite usable (I make videos for a living.) Would love an mavic air for the 100mbs 4k but this will do fine as a starter. FWIW some might consider it a plaything and a holiday drone - I'm still not seeing it as a throwaway! Might pick up a tello for playing and holiday shots ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme