Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Motor problem warning!

chousehold4

Join
Jun 25, 2019
Yesterday I was flying at about 300 feet when I saw on my iOS a warning that I had a motor problem! I immediately returned to home and discovered that a propeller was in contact with a wing guard chipping the end of the prop off . I removed the guard and every thing is fine however why does this warning not appear when I re play the flight video ?

It won't be on the Spark SD card.

There may be a logging of it in the flight logs that you'll have to extract from the device.

If you run a screen recorder on your device during the flight, that footage should be in the camera roll.

I occasionally run the recorder on my mini 4 so that I can watch the flight telemetry and any changes I may have done to the camera / video settings.

Sometimes the CPU of the mini may get a little overwhelmed and I'll get a warning on the DJI Go4 during the flight.

Thanks for the response ! The message stayed up for about 5 seconds I was fortunate to see it ! Otherwise it might have went down! New Prop! New Drone!

Reactions: Spark 317
Was it a motor overload warning? It also happens occasionally when you are flying in Sports mode and you have both left and right stick pressed fully. Wind may also be a factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317
Not motor overload warning ! I knew by the sound when landing that something was wrong and I found the wing guard to be damaged and the prop tip chopped up ! The wing guard must have somehow moved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe