Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Motor tight/stiff but flys fine. Should I worry?

Brick696

Join
Feb 10, 2018
I’ve had the Spark since Christmas. Yes, I’ve had a couple of minor crashes, nothing serious. But I recently notice when landing that the left rear (when facing me) stops faster than the others. I spun them all manually and that motor seems more tight or stiff than the others. I’ve read some post where the users could tell there was an issue when flying it, but the only way I knew was upon landing and that blade stopping quicker than the others. Just curious, should I worry about this. It’s my first drone, so I’m still learning.

I’ve had the Spark since Christmas. Yes, I’ve had a couple of minor crashes, nothing serious. But I recently notice when landing that the left rear (when facing me) stops faster than the others. I spun them all manually and that motor seems more tight or stiff than the others. I’ve read some post where the users could tell there was an issue when flying it, but the only way I knew was upon landing and that blade stopping quicker than the others. Just curious, should I worry about this. It’s my first drone, so I’m still learning.
Usually a sign that the bearings are damaged.
Immediately on landing does that motor feel hotter/warmer than the others?
You will need to change the bearings or that whole motor assembly.
If you continue to fly and the bearing is shot it will seize and the aircraft will fall to the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme