Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

mp4 video won't play

warrentel

Join
May 23, 2018
I shot 11 minutes of video today and have a 1.9 gig mp4 file on my sd card but nothing on my pc will play it. Any thoughts? Related/unrelated, as I was flying, I noticed that my battery level indicator stayed at 90% for the entire 11 minutes. Even turned red and beeped showing 90%. Tried a different battery when I got home and it tracked the charge normally.

This is known to happen when you turn of your Spark without cancel/stop filming.
The Mp4 file will/can become corrupt.. it can be recovered.
Search for solutions online : dji corrupt mp4

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AprfPj_G_uQcmqxW7zWZyKmj3AJ0mg
Remo Repair MOV 2.0 - it is a free trial.

So when you repair the damaged video, follow this to get the entire file:
"Remo Repair MOV 2.0
It uses an undamaged file from the same camera to compare and repair.
And instead of paying $69, go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Remo Repair MOV 2.0, view hidden files and repaired video is in the "$tp" folder in .mov format.
But the extension can be changed to .mp4"

I wrote the find in another forum.

I used djifix to repair the file and it did create a view-able file, However the video was chopped up into view a second, skip a second, view a second, skip a second. It looked kind of like the wifi video feed only more choppy.

I also got several corrupt photo files. Only the top can be viewed. It's like it stopped saving the photo. It happens to one photo in the middle of a photo shoot so it's not related to stopping the Spark.

I formatted the sd card with the spark itself.
Using brand new top class Sandisk Sd card.
However not a big deal. There a some photos in the middle of plenty.

I formatted the sd card with the spark itself.
Using brand new top class Sandisk Sd card.
Please try the formatter.
It is better.

With a Firefly 6S sports cam, I was getting random black artifacts where a certain tint of blue should be. I tried other SD cards and even replaced the camera and it still captured the artifact. It wasn't until I used the SDFormatter the issue went away.

So now ALL of my SD and Micro SDCards are regularly formatted with SDFormatter.

I'm not sure. What kind of format is needed for the Spark and that SDFormatter can do ? ExtFAT or FAT 32 ?

I'm not sure. What kind of format is needed for the Spark and that SDFormatter can do ? ExtFAT or FAT 32 ?

It just performs the format more thouroghly.
Just run with the defaults.

When I say photographers swear by it - that means they like the formatter better than an OS formatter or their equipment's built in formatters..

mp4 video won't play? A common problem. In some video-related forums, I found many people who said their videos were corrupt, broken, unplayable, etc. In that case, relying on some professional video repair tools is the best choice. I don't have much experience. I only used one tool before - TunesKit Video Repair and it is amazing to fix unplayable videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers