Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My battery jumped from my drone while in flight

Brownman9112

Join
Aug 17, 2020
I took my DJI spark strong how to fly I'm still on beginner's mode so I wasn't able to go but so hot wall in the middle of the flight I watch my battery jump from my DJI for my draw and then the Drone fall right after it they both crash to the ground battery first I went over and got both attempted to put the battery back in that's what I noticed that the battery actually split I'm not sure if the battery actually split while in the Drone and then jump from the Drone or if the battery split from Impact. So I was clearly shocked and hoping that there's no damage to the draw which I don't believe that there is but the battery won't turn off it's still green it won't shut off and I don't think it's any good anymore so I researched it to see if this has happened with anyone else and I guess this happened a few times can anyone tell me why this is happening

Yes. This has happened to many people. Evidently the way the little tabs hold the battery on the drone was not the best design. DJI even revised the clips on the battery making them longer. However, I have two batteries with the new clips and one time I was flying my drone at 18 meters up and I watched the battery eject as well. Fortunately, both parts landed on grass and nothing was harmed.

I know there is a battery fastener that attaches to the back motor arms to hold the battery in place, but many other people use the push and pull method. Loading the battery securely and pulling to double check. Now this is part of my procedure.

That happened to me the first time I tried Sport mode. Fortunately it was only 20 feet off the ground which was very soft. Since then I've kept a rubber band around the battery. It's been working fine ever since.

Too bad about the split battery.

that has happened to spark owners since the begining of time , but really its not funny when you kick into sport mode and out run the battery , O rings , rubber bands and skid landing gear all give piece of mind

I took my DJI spark strong how to fly I'm still on beginner's mode so I wasn't able to go but so hot wall in the middle of the flight I watch my battery jump from my DJI for my draw and then the Drone fall right after it they both crash to the ground battery first I went over and got both attempted to put the battery back in that's what I noticed that the battery actually split I'm not sure if the battery actually split while in the Drone and then jump from the Drone or if the battery split from Impact. So I was clearly shocked and hoping that there's no damage to the draw which I don't believe that there is but the battery won't turn off it's still green it won't shut off and I don't think it's any good anymore so I researched it to see if this has happened with anyone else and I guess this happened a few times can anyone tell me why this is happening
To be honest it happened to me also about 15 feet up . Although it was not a battery fail it’s “Operator error” . I did not fully insert the battery and feel it click in and check it i was in a hurry to get it up . I had even read about this in the past be sure to chexk
Battery . I learned only bibles got knocked out of wack and had to recalibrate gimbal which is a pain .... anyhow .... check batteries security and all attachments and probs as well at beginning of flights .

I’ve had it happen once and both the battery and the drone fell into the River Severn mud. Lost the battery but managed to get the drone back. Bought a battery clamp thingy on Amazon and used it for a while but the advice above to really push it on tight and pull and push it to check it’s nice and tight is the best thing to do. Be safe.

Perhaps the battery doesn't like your flying,
had a girlfriend do that me once, she didn't the way l was driving !!

I haven't had my drone long but recently I put my battery in one day and thought it was ready to go, I was holding the drone and the battery started to fall out. I learned real fast that once you put the battery in to give it a tug to make sure it's locked.

Reactions: twickers14
I always fly with the skid type of landing gear attached ,the battery has to slide back to fall off with this type of landing gear the battery can’t slide back, but first give battery a pull back as advised by other members . Don’t attempt to use damaged battery. Regards Engie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef