Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first autopilot mission

Dave woods

Join
Oct 4, 2017
Well guys here is my first spark autopilot mission at a friend's house that he's building it all worked out pretty well as far as the video recording went but when I tried to fly my second mission with pano set as a waypoint action the spark just hung in the air, also lost telemetry about 3/4 of the way around the first circuit hence the panicky people running around
Certainly learnt a lot and now have more confidence to try more advanced stuff

Nice! I bought autopilot and have been tinkering around in it. I have put together several routes but haven't had the nerve to try them out yet. Maybe will try sometime this week

Reactions: Dave woods
Nice! I bought autopilot and have been tinkering around in it. I have put together several routes but haven't had the nerve to try them out yet. Maybe will try sometime this week

It's weird to watch the spark flying under autopilot control but very satisfying

So I ran my first autopilot mission. Let's say it was less than a complete success. The app crash half way through the mission. Spark stopped and hovered, but would not respond to my rc commands. Had to open dji go and still spark would not respond to my input (though I was getting video and telemetry data). Had to put the spark in tripod mode before it would finally respond. Very scary

Sorry to hear that, Did you try switching to sport mode and back to regain control that's the official way to do it ??
Did you have your phone/tablet in airplane mode with just wireless switched on and no background apps running?
Don't let it put you off

Reactions: 1px0ff
I will give it another go. I am on the autopilot beta, son that is likely why it crashed. I forgot to switch into sport mode, will try that if it happens again. I was in my backyard so I want too worried, at worst it would have crashed in my neighbor's yard. I will give those suggestions a shot. Thanks!

Reactions: Dave woods
I will give it another go. I am on the autopilot beta, son that is likely why it crashed. I forgot to switch into sport mode, will try that if it happens again. I was in my backyard so I want too worried, at worst it would have crashed in my neighbor's yard. I will give those suggestions a shot. Thanks!

It's nice to be on a Beta trial but you have to expect some wayward behaviour lol

Reactions: 1px0ff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme