Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first flight With my Spark

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
Well, I had my first flight today at Halcyon Park in San Leandro, Ca today....and...I’m Hooked!!! I can’t believe how easy it was to fly. I drained a batter in Beginner mode (I’m a true beginner), 2nd battery I flew in P-mode, 3rd and 4th batteries I was in Sport mode. Stabilization was phenomenal in the wind. I had backwards flying enabled, it took a couple minutes to remember which way to turn when doing so, but I found it pretty easy after a few minutes. I’d like to thank this great community for answering the few questions I had to get me on my way, you guys rock!!!

You are off to a great start it seems. Always very pleasing to hear from new pilots and see the community growing. Happy flying!!

Now you’re a “fully paid up” member of the Spark club (with a small C). Welcome from the UK and sure you’ll get a ton of pleasure from your machine. My son is just back from watching NFL at the Coliseum last week. He loved it. Looking at the countryside around you there you’re going to get some great shots.

Yes, good point! I saw a video regarding just that Dragonfly Joe. If I didn’t see/read it, my batteries wouldn’t have lasted very long.?
It’s the little pointer like tha
Now you’re a “fully paid up” member of the Spark club (with a small C). Welcome from the UK and sure you’ll get a ton of pleasure from your machine. My son is just back from watching NFL at the Coliseum last week. He loved it. Looking at the countryside around you there you’re going to get some great shots.
Hey twickers14, I agree about living in a beautiful area, but I was a little bummed when I found out I can’t fly along our beautiful coastline☹️. Thanks for welcoming me to the club!

Congrats! My first flight made me feel like a kid again when you get that toy you've always wanted. As you start to play with features take it slow and always pause and ask yourself where the Spark will go and what obstacles there are. It's so easy to fly that I dived into all the features too soon and had a minor crash on day 2!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers