Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Lady Spark is somewhat moody

koffe

Join
Oct 14, 2017
Loc
Sweden
She behaved very well with the modded app and I was quite happy. Yesterday something happened that I never saw or heard about before. I was videofilming at the same time I was climbed up to arounnd 40 meters. Suddenly the video stopped and the big red button showed up, indicating that no filming occured any longer. I did not click or point on anything. Only watching the climb on my phone. Then I tried to restart and she would not start filming again. A Little later I could start once more only to be interrupted by itself again.

Today I tried again with the same result. As there was a constructing place quite close to the site, I guessed that metal perhaps could be interfering. I know that it can influence the compass. But I never heard about this problem with filming. Later I went to another place with an open field. First it went well, but after a couple of minutes the same behaviour started also here.

I found that when it stopped filming and I tried to start again, after one or two clicks on the filmbutton I heard the click of still camera as if it took a jpg picture, although the the red big filled circle was there all the time. But no pictures were saved.

After thinking at home, I could be guessing that maybe the temperature could play a role? Now we have 18 deg Celcius. Earlier I have only flown by temps from -2 to +10 deg C.

Two days ago I erased the GO4 ver 4.1.5 that I did not use and installed the new 4.2.12 that was withdrawn. On the last months I have only used the MOD2.0 based on 4.1.15. Could the newest version have interfered with the modded one?

Anyone to help with ideas of what to test tomorrow, when the batteries are charged again?

It could be that the micro SD card, is it getting corrupted? Check that out.

Reactions: koffe
It could also be your video Cache check in the settings> General Settings> Largest Video Cache Capacity and Auto Video Cache Cleanup and you could also press the clear video cache.

Hello guys. Now I have tried to format the SD card and shut off the cache, but the same problem occured again. After changing to another SD card it worked flawlessely. So something has happened to the card itself. Now I can fly and be filming again.

Later, I will try to really hard format, and this time not quick format. Maybe it works again, otherwise it is for the bin.

Thanks again for your inputs!

Reactions: Rafa7
I'm glad it was just that. In my case I was able to format the SD card in the DJI Go 4 app and it recovered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe