Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Spark Was Attacked By A Swarm Of Bees

You must have been flying in a Class BEE airspace.

They just wanted to see what all of the BUZZ is about.

After all, the Spark is a DRONE.

The Border Collie was doing what it does instinctually, trying to round up the bees.

:)

That is nuts! It did cross my mind when flying the drone the other day if it would attract bees or wasps with the buzz from the rotors. Guess it can. Brave move bringing the drone down for a hand grab with all those Bees!

Reactions: Simon Cooper
Onelight74, I didn’t have much choice really. I just wanted to land the drone so that the owner of the dog could regain control of it. The dog just wouldn’t leave the drone alone.

Reactions: Onelight74
McCloudSpark, i read somewhere once, that you should press ‘record’ every time you launch, just in case. It served me well on this occasion - it was certainly accidental/inadvertent footage.

That is an amazing video! I think it was a "Bee Strike" though.:) Did it make a mess of your Spark? Were the props covered in bee guts? Did the dog go away? Yes, that was quite an adventure to watch.

Yeah I would have been very concerned about bringing the drone, and thus the swarm, down to ground level. Might have redirected that bee attack towards you!

graywoulf, I had to give the Spark a real good clean afterwards. It looked like a car windscreen after driving through a locust plague. As far as I can tell there was only 1 fatality.

voodoo, a precarious position - swarm of bees, excited dog, neither of which would leave the drone alone. I just needed to land it, to get the dog out of the equation. All good in the end.

MySpark53, I hear ya, but as much fun as Sport Mode is, there just wasnt’ enough room. I was surrounded by really high gum trees.

You could have landed on the dog and then let the bees chase the dog around. :D Just kidding of course. ;)

Next time (?):

Ascend to 300+ ft and do orbits?

If flying Litchi....load a high altitude autonomous mission to somewhere and back?

Not related to bees.....

but to autonomous drones.....

one of the moderators on another forum bought the Skydio R1 drone (about $1,999).

On his first try it pathed itself into some thin branches and crashed. He said he broke two props but it was otherwise ok.
It has 13 directional sensors, only uses an app and flys by itself.

graywoulf, I’m a cyclist, and a drone pilot - there’s already millions of people out there that hate my two hobbies/pursuits, and now you are suggesting I get the canine and apiary communities to hate me too? I can cope with two, but not the third and fourth, hahahaha.

Not related to bees.....

one of the moderators on another forum bought the Skydio R1 drone (about $1,999).

On his first try it pathed itself into some thin branches and crashed. He said he broke two props but it was otherwise ok.
Wow that is a great video, was that in follow me or are you using Lechi app. What ever the case one of the best ive seen so far.
Is that a Spark? and was that lake Tahoe?
Not related to bees.....

Awsome Video ,,WOW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme