Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New 3D-printed iPad-holder

Paul215

Join
Nov 6, 2018
Loc
Germany
Hey Guys,

here I want to present my new tablet holder to you. After a lot research I haven't found the right holder that fits all my needs. The biggest problem was my iPad case. I use a Griffin Survivor case with fat rubber edges. With that my iPad becomes around 3 times thicker than orginal an all holders are to small. Another problem with a lot of holders is that the antennas pointing a little bit downwards because the tablet is in the way.

Only possibility for me was a DIY solution. So I started drawing and that was the result:

Tabelthalter.jpg

The black (orange) parts are 3D-printed (ABS). The X-shaped fixing fits perfect for my case. The silver parts are cheap aluminum tubes. The ones from the remote-plate to the lower holder are 10mm tubes. On the inside are 8mm tubes which are spring loaded and connected with the upper holder. So I have no visible springs or rubber bands and the iPad fits tight.

Here are the final pictures:

Springs inside the tubes
IMG_20190227_101546.jpg

Holder without iPad
IMG_20190227_121731.jpg
IMG_20190227_121836.jpg

Holder with mounted iPad
IMG_20190227_122116.jpg
Enough space for the thumbs and parabolic mirrors
IMG_20190227_122140.jpg

IMG_20190227_122208.jpg

Hope this gives some of you ideas or inspiration for your own solution if the purchasable holders come with to many compromises. :)

I keep telling the copilot that we need a 3D printer on our bucket list of electronics and she said, "Why? So we can make stuff we don't need?"

She's funny that way.

Are your plans uploaded to a site to be shared?
I know some of the pilots here have access to a 3D printer.

I like it when you can engineer something that works for you when you can't purchase what you want.

Thanks for sharing.

I think I will upload the files to thingiverse.com later. But now the holder fits only the griffin case. When I have the time I want to make a more "unversial" version.

Reactions: Arabak58
Go to Ebay and look for Drone Pod. My friend makes them in his 3d factory and can do custom printing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67