Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New battery/firmware/use Assistant 2 for updates

mp43sniper

Join
Jul 22, 2017
This is an FYI for people like me that didn't have DJI Assistant 2 and thought we didn't need it.

My Spark started out as a fly-less package so I had no remote controller (RC) and only one battery. The other day I updated firmware when it game out using DJI Go 4. Everything worked fine. Yesterday I received a new battery and RC from Advexure and thanks to this forum knew they needed updated as well. Fully charged them and then - using the original battery - turned on the aircraft (AC), RC, and DJI Go 4. Started the RC linking process through Go 4 using the Youtube video from DJI. Go 4 said I needed to update the controller and it took a few minutes. Then I turned everything off, changed to the new battery, and restarted it all expecting to have another firmware update message. No updates needed - what?

I decided to download DJI Assistant 2 and check into this to make sure I would be ok. Once it downloaded I connected the AC and turned it on, then opened Assistant 2. It immediately told me I needed to update. Doing so took a minute or two and then it showed that everything was ready to go. The only difference was using assistant 2 instead of Go 4.

Reactions: James White
yes same thing happened to me, the message I got from DJI Assistant was something like some modules were out of sync and needed to be refreshed, apparently the assistant is the most reliable way to apply upgrades

Vinny

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers