Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New battery won't charge

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Stealthbobber06

Is it a new battery?
Might need a firmware update before charging?

Here's a thread from DJI's Forum I glanced at.

Maybe the answer is there?

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: Stealthbobber06
Hello, my battery won't charge. It is a DJI battery. The first 2 LEDs blink 4 times then go out... then sequence is repeated over and over. Any help is appreciated

It is surprisingly common to have brand new DJI batteries DOA (literally Dead On Arrival).

It would never happen if they just checked every battery before it left the factory. But happens a lot -- especially with Mavic Pro.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time. If it never charged out of the box just return it. DJI won't be surprised at all

Hello, my battery won't charge. It is a DJI battery. The first 2 LEDs blink 4 times then go out... then sequence is repeated over and over. Any help is appreciated
Have you tried charging it both in the Spark and in the external charger? I had a battery that would not charge in the external charger but would in the Spark. After I got it charged then it was fine in the external charger. Weird.

Reactions: Andre Levite
It is surprisingly common to have brand new DJI batteries DOA (literally Dead On Arrival).

It would never happen if they just checked every battery before it left the factory. But happens a lot -- especially with Mavic Pro.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time. If it never charged out of the box just return it. DJI won't be surprised at all
Thanks I got it at Best Buy, so I will return it.

After buying $200 worth of batteries I'm not gonna risk damage with a third-party brick (Mr. Charger?!?)

The Spark's smart batteries have protective circuitry and so do the DJI branded charging hubs. I want to get the longest life from my batteries -- and charge 3 at a time!

After buying $200 worth of batteries I'm not gonna risk damage with a third-party brick (Mr. Charger?!?)

The Spark's smart batteries have protective circuitry and so do the DJI branded charging hubs. I want to get the longest life from my batteries -- and charge 3 at a time!
What is a good charger to get? Any suggestions? Thanks. And I was looking for a small type charger so I could transport it easily.

What is a good charger to get? Any suggestions? Thanks. And I was looking for a small type charger so I could transport it easily.

If you're only charging one battery at a time during travel you can keep battery in Spark and use micro USB cable. Plugs into wall, 12v auto or battery pack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe