Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Firmware v01.00.0700 imminent

The Editor

Join
May 29, 2017
Guys, please be aware that a new version of Spark firmware will be released in the next day or two (assuming final sign off from the PM).
Version - 01.00.0700

New for the Spark:

1. Added Dynamic Home Point updating, which periodically sets the aircraft’s current position as the Home Point.
2. Optimized image transmission quality.
3. QuickShots can now be recorded without an SD card.
4. Added a 3 second countdown when shooting a QuickShot or ShallowFocus photo.
5. You can now switch between and lock transmission frequencies and channels manually.

In testing it's been stable so far and seems to be behaving itself - have not experienced any adverse problems.....

Last edited:
Sweet been wondering when it will come out. Just saw an update to go4 in the iOS store 4.1.12

Guys, please be aware that a new version of Spark firmware will be released in the next day or two (assuming final sign off from the PM).
Version - 01.00.0700

New for the Spark:

1. Added Dynamic Home Point updating, which periodically sets the aircraft’s current position as the Home Point.
2. Optimized image transmission quality.
3. QuickShots can now be recorded without an SD card.
4. Added a 3 second countdown when shooting a QuickShot or ShallowFocus photo.
5. You can now switch between and lock transmission frequencies and channels manually.

In testing it's been stable so far and seems to be behaving itself - have not experienced any adverse problems.....
I cant see the new upgrade,im still on 01.00.0600

Mr. The Editor, I’m curious how you are so closely tied into the DJI release process?

Reactions: BogdanP
Sweet!

Reactions: Sparkster
It’s always nice to meet an expert! I’m a Jr pilot but absolutely love my spark. And I’m impressed by DJI, and sheer amount of tech they pack in these little things. Do you have any non DJI equipment in your quiver?

Dynamic Home Point, isnt periodically setting the crafts current location as home point NOT a good idea? What if you are over water or wooded area or residential?

Reactions: BogdanP
Dynamic Home Point, isnt periodically setting the crafts current location as home point NOT a good idea? What if you are over water or wooded area or residential?
No - dynamic home updates the remote controls location (via the devices GPS since the Spark RC doesn't have a UBlox receiver built in) as the home location at pre-set intervals.

Last edited:
No - dynamic home updates the remote controls location (via the devices GPS since the Spark RC doesn't have a UBlox receiver built in) as the home location at present set intervals.
I kinda understand that I think, a bit technical for my primitive brain though. In a nut shell the dynamic home point update is for the remotes location not the sparks current location.

Dynamic home point is ONLY available as an option when active tracking (its not mandatory to use it). It has nothing to do with the remote location. Every 15 meters, the Spark’s current location is set to home point.

I kinda understand that I think, a bit technical for my primitive brain though. In a nut shell the dynamic home point update is for the remotes location not the sparks current location.
Correct.
So for instance if you were on a moving boat and took off, you would not want the home point set as the point of take off.
Dynamic home point updates to the controllers position so that in the event of fail safe RTH it will come back to you if you have moved!

Dynamic home point is ONLY available as an option when active tracking (its not mandatory to use it). It has nothing to do with the remote location. Every 15 meters, the Spark’s current location is set to home point.
No - not in the new (yet to be released) firmware it isn't which is what this thread is about!
And it has everything to do with RC location.

Currently available release notes form DJI explicitly stated aircraft location and not RC location in the Active Track scenario.
That’s what I read too, but he is using the firmware so I didn’t want to argue with him.

"You can now switch between and lock transmission frequencies and channels manually."

Could you not do that before?
I recall being able to pick 2.4 or 5.8 and select a channel, can someone tell me how this is different?

Hopefully it means it remembers your selection instead of reverting to default at every power up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit