Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New pilot in UK. Learned some... but far to go yet!

Stevespark

Join
Jan 27, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I have just bought a spark as my first ‘proper’ drone. I have always been interested in aerial photography (used to have a camera cradle under a box kite).
First flight yesterday iPhone int he controller. -4C (25F) and 14mph winds. Hands froze and warnings about wind speeds at 60’ as well as warnings about low battery temps.
Happy with how easy it was to fly. I will be looking for assistance in setting up grid missions and 3D mapping for scientific research!

Attachments

• 4861AEE0-5BB7-4E7D-9E04-2DB9573D6CB6.jpeg
    4861AEE0-5BB7-4E7D-9E04-2DB9573D6CB6.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 14
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Stevespark.

I will be looking for assistance in setting up grid missions and 3D mapping for scientific research!

Here are some search results from the Forum about 3-D mapping.

The Sparks gimbal does not go the full 90 degrees down, more like 89, and the results may affect the mapping software.

Check out the above links for more information and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome aboard Steve great to have you with us. Not many of us would know what a box kite is (I’m old enough) and to swing a camera underneath-wow! The Spark will make that a whole lot easier and there are a few more trick up her sleeve for you to discover. Enjoy and keep posting. PS Spark 317 is an incredible oracle-listen in to him.

Welcome. I really like your idea of hanging a camera from a box kite. You really have the passion for flying. The Spark is great I had one for a couple of years. Good luck. Ask questions and you will have many responses that will be helpful. This is a great forum.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Stevespark.

Here are some search results from the Forum about 3-D mapping.

The Sparks gimbal does not go the full 90 degrees down, more like 89, and the results may affect the mapping software.

Check out the above links for more information and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks Spark317 and everyone else for welcoming me.

Welcome. I really like your idea of hanging a camera from a box kite. You really have the passion for flying. The Spark is great I had one for a couple of years. Good luck. Ask questions and you will have many responses that will be helpful. This is a great forum.
Thanks David. It was a massive kite and had a small 35mm camera that self wound to the next frame. A string operated a cam that triggered the shutter... then of course you had to develop the film to see if it had worked. Checking the cache on my phone seems very civilised!

Welcome from colorado ! Happy to help you improve your flying. 1st suggestion: learn how to fly it using the maps and gps features asap. The best thing you can do is learn how to fly it where you cant see it, the key to that is getting it back safe, which is easy when you learn how to use the maps. Doing this early in the learning process is crucial because at some point you will likely lose your positioning while flying and need this skill. Although the return to home feature works very well and is invaluable, learning how to fly with maps will help make you a better, more confident pilot faster. Best of luck ! Fell free to ask any questions

Welcome to the forum! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex