Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New spark activation and flight

Rammers1975

Join
Dec 9, 2018
Loc
Hertfordshire UK
Hi was wandering if it is at all normal that when I activated my spark and did my maiden flight all the batteries and firmware didn’t need updating and was the latest out the box ?? I thought that there would be loads of firmware updates eg rc, app , batteries but none am I lucky or should there be ???
Thanks

The most recent firmware update was July 19, 2018. If your aircraft was manufactured after that date it would have latest firmware applied before leaving the factory. Last battery firmware update was even earlier than that. I bought a new battery 3 weeks ago and no firmware update was needed.

The DJI Go app should automatically detect old firmware and prompt you to download a newer version if available. If you still believe are dealing with outdated firmware you can use the DJI Assistant 2 app as an alternate way to check and install it.

According to DroneWorld website:

Install with DJI Assistant 2

Aircraft firmware can also be installed with DJI Assistant 2. Here is how you do just that:

1. Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable and ensure your computer is connected to the internet.

2. Launch DJI Assistant 2, which is available to download on our Spark Downloads page.

3. Enter your DJI account information and select 'Spark.'

4. Click 'Firmware Update' on the left and choose the latest firmware version.

5. Click 'Update Now' to start updating.

Important: If the firmware version of your aircraft, remote controller, or battery differ, the DJI GO 4 App will indicate this with a prompt “Inconsistent Firmware Found.” You can then update the firmware of the device to match the other two. Slide right to begin the update.

I hope the above information is helpful!

Reactions: crowspilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers