Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New spark battery

Engie

Join
Jul 1, 2020
Good morning all, I have just purchased a new spark battery and gave it a test flight inside, I haven’t done this on any other batteries so haven’t got any way of comparing it , one cell is at all times Appears lower than other two, and I thought that under the flight conditions the flight time should have been longer, just hovering , not using any control input, Sending some photos. I would like some comments from More members please. Best Regards ,Engie432E83DB-0561-4BF0-9D3B-F745D3A8D351.png

Attachments

• 183FAEBD-C2AB-45A0-B062-A3BBA5E66893.png
    183FAEBD-C2AB-45A0-B062-A3BBA5E66893.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 452D5CDD-0122-4B80-950D-6769F247058B.png
    452D5CDD-0122-4B80-950D-6769F247058B.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 9972158D-5B0C-4390-9345-9C2D818031E3.png
    9972158D-5B0C-4390-9345-9C2D818031E3.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 5C8DB86A-2B70-4F25-A540-225A687E3F68.png
    5C8DB86A-2B70-4F25-A540-225A687E3F68.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 4C02C9F4-C88E-44B8-848E-A34366C6B698.png
    4C02C9F4-C88E-44B8-848E-A34366C6B698.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 5E0C8AC5-0B8F-4AC4-9015-452B71F1B8CD.png
    5E0C8AC5-0B8F-4AC4-9015-452B71F1B8CD.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
Good morning all, I have just purchased a new spark battery and gave it a test flight inside, I haven’t done this on any other batteries so haven’t got any way of comparing it , one cell is at all times Appears lower than other two, and I thought that under the flight conditions the flight time should have been longer, just hovering , not using any control input, Sending some photos. I would like some comments from More members please. Best Regards ,EngieView attachment 13173
Give it a couple of cycles

Good morning all, I have just purchased a new spark battery and gave it a test flight inside, I haven’t done this on any other batteries so haven’t got any way of comparing it , one cell is at all times Appears lower than other two, and I thought that under the flight conditions the flight time should have been longer, just hovering , not using any control input, Sending some photos. I would like some comments from More members please. Best Regards ,EngieView attachment 13173
I would not fly your drone too high unless you are comfortable that the battery is working correctly. I say this as I have had my drone turn off at 90 feet and to air and drop to the ground. I was lucky as the ground was soft after a torrential rainstorm the day before. This happened twice that day. I later check the log and that there was a difference in voltage in one of the cells and that the drone shut its self off as a form of protection.

Good morning all, I have just purchased a new spark battery and gave it a test flight inside, I haven’t done this on any other batteries so haven’t got any way of comparing it , one cell is at all times Appears lower than other two, and I thought that under the flight conditions the flight time should have been longer, just hovering , not using any control input, Sending some photos. I would like some comments from More members please. Best Regards ,Engie

Your voltages seem within normal range. I have four batts and there is always one cell (usually #3) that is a little different than the other two. A little difference is ok but more than 0.07v and it may be time to get concerned. Some info from AirData about cell deviations:

Minor Deviations
Minor deviation is when a cell differs more than 0.01v from the other cells. The total amount of deviations per cell is then divided by the total amount of flight minutes, to get the number of minor deviations per minute.

Note that even a perfect battery would have minor deviations and it is normal. Lower values are better. Higher values may provide an early sign that the battery is not as efficient.

Major Deviations
Major deviation is when a cell differs more than 0.07v from the other cells. Please note that normal batteries can have a few of these.

An abnormal battery will:
A) Have most of the major deviations in one cell
B) There will be multiple major deviations per minute, and more than 10 total
C) The deviations continue longer than 1 minute

If your battery shows all symptoms then this is considered a more severe case of an inefficient battery and may impact the battery life.

If your battery has only 1-4 instances on the same cell, don't worry too much about it. If it has 5-10 instances - then continue to track and make sure it does not degrade.

Here's a cell graph from one of my recent flights:

cellvolts.jpg

One final note, cold weather usually makes a cell deviation worse so extra precaution is always advised.

Reactions: Spark 317 and Haggi
I would not fly your drone too high unless you are comfortable that the battery is working correctly. I say this as I have had my drone turn off at 90 feet and to air and drop to the ground. I was lucky as the ground was soft after a torrential rainstorm the day before. This happened twice that day. I later check the log and that there was a difference in voltage in one of the cells and that the drone shut its self off as a form of protection.
Thanks for the reply I had same experience with my old battery from 20 feet Only buckled the landing gear Which was easy to fix. Appreciate your advice.

Your voltages seem within normal range. I have four batts and there is always one cell (usually #3) that is a little different than the other two. A little difference is ok but more than 0.07v and it may be time to get concerned. Some info from AirData about cell deviations:

Minor Deviations
Minor deviation is when a cell differs more than 0.01v from the other cells. The total amount of deviations per cell is then divided by the total amount of flight minutes, to get the number of minor deviations per minute.

Note that even a perfect battery would have minor deviations and it is normal. Lower values are better. Higher values may provide an early sign that the battery is not as efficient.

Major Deviations
Major deviation is when a cell differs more than 0.07v from the other cells. Please note that normal batteries can have a few of these.

If your battery shows all symptoms then this is considered a more severe case of an inefficient battery and may impact the battery life.

If your battery has only 1-4 instances on the same cell, don't worry too much about it. If it has 5-10 instances - then continue to track and make sure it does not degrade.

View attachment 13177

One final note, cold weather usually makes a cell deviation worse so extra precaution is always advised.

Minor Deviations

Major Deviations

View attachment 13177

Thank you much appreciated, this is good information I will be happier now after reading the attachment.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav