Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark-Help wanted

plodbird

Join
Jul 14, 2018
Hi all
received a Spark as a gift a few weeks ago and for the life of me I can't get the RC and Drone to link. Lights are always red. Scanning the SSID works sometimes only. Ive re-installed the App a number of times. Went into the Melbourne store yesterday and the helpfull staff got it going, after about 30 minutes of trying, but today its the same old story.

What Im hoping is that there is someone in the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area thats a wiz on these and can assist in a novice getting the drone going.

Thanks
Chris

Welcome and sorry it starts with an issue.
Keep the RC very close to the Spark when you bind them. But normally if it has bind one time, there is no need to rebind and the LED on the RC should be green. That the first step.
You can check DJI video for the Spark here, there is a playlist dedicated to Spark:

Other issue you can have after that step is if the Spark decide to use 2.4G band for connection with the RC, then the RC-phone link is at 5.8G and depending of what phone you use, it cannot see the 5.8G channel used by DJI (happened to me with a Samsung S6).

Last advise is to avoid any Bluetooth devices around you, they will disturb wireless connections and limit you range.

Reactions: plodbird
Step 1: turn on the drone and the remote
Step 2: hold down the button on your drone until you hear one beep. the drone is now in linking mode
Step 3: hold down the function button pause button and custom button underneath the photo button on your remote together until you hear a beeping alarm
Step 4: wait until the beeping stops and the drone LEDs are green it should be linked

If this did not work please contact me. Good luck!

Reactions: plodbird
Step 1: turn on the drone and the remote
Step 2: hold down the button on your drone until you hear one beep. the drone is now in linking mode
Step 3: hold down the function button pause button and custom button underneath the photo button on your remote together until you hear a beeping alarm
Step 4: wait until the beeping stops and the drone LEDs are green it should be linked

If this did not work please contact me. Good luck!
Hi Logan
thanks for the suggestions. This is what I have been doing and still no luck.
The "pairing" apparently works as the RC shows green but there is no movement with the drone. The drone lights are red at the front and plashing red & yellow on the rear.
Its doing my head in!!
Appreciate any assistance you can give me.
Thanks
Chris

Red and yellow means compass recalibration needed, some metal stuff close. So not something related to the connection.
Your problem is most probably that when the SparkRCxxxx wifi SSID use 5.8G channel, you phone cannot see it. Samsung S6, Tab S2, ... by example don't see these channels.
Spark use channels 149 to 165 with 5.8G band.
At power up, the Spark decide what band it will use, 2.4G or 5.8G depending on interference it detects. Then the RC use the other band.
Most of IOS device are ok with that. Samsung S8 is for sure ok.
What phone are you using?

Hi Logan
thanks for the suggestions. This is what I have been doing and still no luck.
The "pairing" apparently works as the RC shows green but there is no movement with the drone. The drone lights are red at the front and plashing red & yellow on the rear.
Its doing my head in!!
Appreciate any assistance you can give me.
Thanks
Chris
Green on the remote means it's connected to the drone. Yellow and red flashing on the rear lights means there's magnetic interference and you need to move the drone away from nearby metal if there's still interference you need to calibrate the drone. when there is interference the drone will not take off for safety reasons. Your problem is that you need to calibrate the drone in order to take off or move it away from nearby metal. If there is a separate issue or the problem is not fixed please contact me.

Last edited:
Red and yellow means compass recalibration needed, some metal stuff close. So not something related to the connection.
Your problem is most probably that when the SparkRCxxxx wifi SSID use 5.8G channel, you phone cannot see it. Samsung S6, Tab S2, ... by example don't see these channels.
Spark use channels 149 to 165 with 5.8G band.
At power up, the Spark decide what band it will use, 2.4G or 5.8G depending on interference it detects. Then the RC use the other band.
Most of IOS device are ok with that. Samsung S8 is for sure ok.
What phone are you using?
Thanks buddy
I have a new Google Pixel mobile.
Looking at the wi-fi when the RC connects to the phone it says the frequency for the RC is 2.4GHZ.
Looking at my standard wi-fi connection at home it is also at 2.4GHZ.
????????????????

Thanks buddy
I have a new Google Pixel mobile.
Looking at the wi-fi when the RC connects to the phone it says the frequency for the RC is 2.4GHZ.
Looking at my standard wi-fi connection at home it is also at 2.4GHZ.
????????????????
So you have another type of issue unfortunately.
You started the thread with a problem of connection RC to Spark but as @Logan H indicated previously, the link is ok as the green light on the RC indicates.
What is currently the issue you have? The next step after pairing the RC is to connect the phone to wifi SparkRCxxxx and launch the Go4 app.

You started the thread with a problem of connection RC to Spark but as @Logan H indicated previously, the link is ok as the green light on the RC indicates.
What is currently the issue you have? The next step after pairing the RC is to connect the phone to wifi SparkRCxxxx and launch the Go4 app.
i think His problem is that there is magnetic interference and the drone won't take off for safety reasons

Are you hearing a beeping noise when you hold the button down on the drone
Yes mate, Im hearing all the right beeps as per whats written in the crap user manual and what Ive watched on youtube.
Hi mate

this is exactly what I am doing.
I have the wi-fi RC showing as connected.......
I open the App
It always ask me to go thru the activation process and scan the labels.
The app will never let me go any further. Ive tried with just the phone and with both phone and RC but its always the same. I even have the lead to plug phone into the RC but that doesn't assist either.
The calibration has been suggested as being required but I can't do that as the app will not open to allow me to do this.
Help!

Yes mate, Im hearing all the right beeps as per whats written in the crap user manual and what Ive watched on youtube.

Hi mate

this is exactly what I am doing.
I have the wi-fi RC showing as connected.......
I open the App
The app will never let me go any further. Ive tried with just the phone and with both phone and RC but its always the same. I even have the lead to plug phone into the RC but that doesn't assist either.
The calibration has been suggested as being required but I can't do that as the app will not open to allow me to do this.
Help!
Hmm quite an issue but I understand what's going on I'm guessing you're following all the instructions in the activation process...? what's not letting it pass?

Did you succeed in activation? Forget the scan of QR code, never seen it working for me. Just write down the info or take a picture and just type it.
Did you have login to DJI Go4 app? You need an account by them.

Did you succeed in activation? Forget the scan of QR code, never seen it working for me. Just write down the info or take a picture and just type it.
Did you have login to DJI Go4 app? You need an account by them.
I have never got thru the activation phase.
Both the RC and drone are showing up in the wi-fi. before doing this activation. Ive never had the App say "connected" either.
The App has just downloaded an update and I can't load them either .
:(

I have never got thru the activation phase.
Both the RC and drone are showing up in the wi-fi. before doing this activation. Ive never had the App say "connected" either.
The App has just downloaded an update and I can't load them either .
:(
Did you create an account by DJI and you are logged to it in the Go4 app?
To check it:
From the main screen of Go4 app, at bottom right, there is a ME button.
On that screen you should see on top info about you.
There is a gear button on top right which display a setting page.
At bottom there should be in red "SIGN OUT" if you are logged in your account.
If your are signed in, you can try to sign out and again in. Some said it can help.

PS: android or IOS your phone?

Everyones suggestions have been great but Im still having issues.

I have a new Google Pixel 2 mobile phone and it seems when I do a Google search that were are issues with this mobile when trying to connect.
Has anyone had issues with the new Google Pixel2 phone?????

Everyones suggestions have been great but Im still having issues.

I have a new Google Pixel 2 mobile phone and it seems when I do a Google search that were are issues with this mobile when trying to connect.
Has anyone had issues with the new Google Pixel2 phone?????

Suggestion - my android phone would connect to the RC wifi, but I couldn't get it to go any further in the app. There is a dialogue box under your wifi settings for this connection that says something like "there is no internet connectivity in this network - connect anyway?" You need to tap yes - else the app will not let you register an account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex