Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark owner - 1st flight today

Tiller

Join
May 21, 2018
Hi everyone!
I have to say I was a tad worried after reading about all these issues people have been having with this Spark drone. Everything from over-heating to RC disconnects, blue tooth interference etc etc.
Well, today I took mine out for it's 1st real flight and all went well. No disconnects and stellar video / pictures.
A little windy, but nothing this bad boy couldn't handle. Super happy about this purchase and can't wait to get some serious air time with this thing. It's everything I expected and then some !

Hello from the Mid-West, Tiller.

The Spark is an amazing little piece of fun.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Thanks guys !
One quick question: Does the limits in distance for the Spark change on the fly once you are in Europe?
I know we get some better distances here in the States.

Got mine this weekend, reading your experience is reassuring, hoping to fly next weekend, did not have a worthy SD card and too many visitors at the house to get into it ...

Meet Ruby-Red (attached!) :cool: Cant wait.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Thanks guys !
One quick question: Does the limits in distance for the Spark change on the fly once you are in Europe?

Yes.
The GPS will determine where the Spark is located and change the limits in the region.

Reactions: Tiller
Got mine this weekend, reading your experience is reassuring, hoping to fly next weekend, did not have a worthy SD card and too many visitors at the house to get into it ...

Meet Ruby-Red (attached!) :cool: Cant wait.

Very nice - You will love it - I sat on it as well for a week or so, while I was doing all the research etc. Them days of just taking off and flying are over.
Lots to take into effect before sliding that take off button.

welcome and don't be worried to ask anything you need to know
we're all learning after all
signed nope 2.0 from texas

The Spark was a good drone for getting familiar with operating a drone. I gained more and more confidence as I flew it for 7 months. It seemed a bit light and sometimes affected by strong winds so I bought a Phantom 3SE, but I still used the Spark more. Then I had a situation where the motors shut down at 80 metres as it was landing and it fell from the sky. It wasn't badly damaged externally and can still fly but I don't know what happened inside and I don't trust it anymore. I was lucky it fell on my house awning and not onto someone or on a highway. Some experts at this forum have looked at my flight data and could not see what might have caused the shutdown.

Anyway, I've put aside the Spark now and will use it for flights where there is a risk of losing it or crashing it. Maybe use for practicing flying through a forest. I have a Mavic Pro now and I love it and because of the experience I gained with the Spark, I can now fly the Mavic more easily.

By the way, I had some problems with the Spark on and off but it never had to be sent back to the dealer for a fix. Some were related to having an underpowered tablet which resulted in poor transmission and some simply required playing around with the settings. It's embarassing to rant and rave when you send the drone back to the dealer and say it has problems... only to be told you haven't set something correctly and there is really nothing wrong with it. So read through the forum posts and perhaps your problem has been experienced by someone who also provided the solution.

Have fun with your Spark!

The Spark was a good drone for getting familiar with operating a drone. I gained more and more confidence as I flew it for 7 months. It seemed a bit light and sometimes affected by strong winds so I bought a Phantom 3SE, but I still used the Spark more. Then I had a situation where the motors shut down at 80 metres as it was landing and it fell from the sky. It wasn't badly damaged externally and can still fly but I don't know what happened inside and I don't trust it anymore. I was lucky it fell on my house awning and not onto someone or on a highway. Some experts at this forum have looked at my flight data and could not see what might have caused the shutdown.

Anyway, I've put aside the Spark now and will use it for flights where there is a risk of losing it or crashing it. Maybe use for practicing flying through a forest. I have a Mavic Pro now and I love it and because of the experience I gained with the Spark, I can now fly the Mavic more easily.

By the way, I had some problems with the Spark on and off but it never had to be sent back to the dealer for a fix. Some were related to having an underpowered tablet which resulted in poor transmission and some simply required playing around with the settings. It's embarrassing to rant and rave when you send the drone back to the dealer and say it has problems... only to be told you haven't set something correctly and there is really nothing wrong with it. So read through the forum posts and perhaps your problem has been experienced by someone who also provided the solution.

Thank you for your pointers - I have flown about 3-4 times now and have had no issues what so ever. Slowly gaining the trust to fly it further out.
All firmware is up to date etc. Spending a lot of time researching how to edit and make videos now. Lots of good times to be had here for sure :)
Have a good rest of the week and may the tail winds be with you !

Thanks guys !
I had a similar question, I just purchased my Spark and have not flown it yet and was wondering if I have to set the RTH point every time or does it calculate that via GPS?

By the way, I had some problems with the Spark on and off but it never had to be sent back to the dealer for a fix. Some were related to having an underpowered tablet which resulted in poor transmission and some simply required playing around with the settings. It's embarassing to rant and rave when you send the drone back to the dealer and say it has problems... only to be told you haven't set something correctly and there is really nothing wrong with it. So read through the forum posts and perhaps your problem has been experienced by someone who also provided the solution.

This is my hope to learn and practice with Spark and eventually upgrade to a Mavic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme