Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New tablet, strange issue. Galaxy tab A

Goldiedpimp

Join
Mar 16, 2019
This is probably something really simple to answer that's stumping me this evening.

I'm testing out a galaxy tab a to use with the spark and phantom. It's just borderline strong enough to do the job.

I use wifi and everything works fine, but the video feed is horrible.

When i tether to the controller dji go has the number of satellites greyed out. The distance measurements at the bottom of the screen don't actually do anything.

I've tried it while connected to the internet through wifi with no change.

If I use my phone, everything is normal.

I'll check tomorrow to see if it does the same thing with my phantom.

Do any of you have an idea?

Attachments

• 20190316_194042.jpg
    20190316_194042.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 43
Hello,
Do any of you have an idea?
I am using the same Tablet without any issues. Have you checked out the following things:

- Have you updated the Tablet to the latest available Android-Version 8.1.0?
- Have you tried to do a fresh clean installation of the DJI Go 4 App?
- Have you updated the firmware of the Spark and the Controller to the last available version?
- Have you tried to connect the Tablet over a OTG cable connection?

The Tabled should work perfect with your Spark, hope you can figure out the problem. :)

First, I would try different versions of Go4 app.
Begin with 4.1.15. If video feed is ok, continue upgrading it, until the last (and more recent) version that works.

First, I would try different versions of Go4 app.
Begin with 4.1.15. If video feed is ok, continue upgrading it, until the last (and more recent) version that works.
Do you using this Tablet? The Tablet should work fine with the latest DJI GO 4 App on it.

I'll try messing with versions of go.

Is just strange to me that it only does it when it's OTG. I'm wondering if something is wrong in the usb settings.

Should "usb debugging" be enabled? I don't know what I've got it set at.

Do you using this Tablet? The Tablet should work fine with the latest DJI GO 4 App on it.
No, I don't use this tablet, but last week was trying a new Lenovo tab 8.
Installed latest version of Go4, and went out for testing.
There was no issue with my MP and my M2Z.
When connected my spark, video feed was really bad.
So, tried older versions of Go4, and problems with spark solved.

That's why I recommended you to try older versions.

That's why I recommended you to try older versions.
OK, but as I said I use the tablet and I have installed the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App and have no issues at all. So the problem must be another point, I think. If you using older versions of the App (and maybe the video feed is fine) you get a higher risk for all kind of other issues because unsolved bugs. You should always use the lastest version of a App if other users with the same hardware configuration have no issues. No fact but my opinion. ;)

OK, but as I said I use the tablet and I have installed the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App and have no issues at all. So the problem must be another point, I think. If you using older versions of the App (and maybe the video feed is fine) you get a higher risk for all kind of other issues because unsolved bugs. You should always use the lastest version of a App if other users with the same hardware configuration have no issues. No fact but my opinion. ;)
If you're using the tablet with spark only, then most new versions have nothing to do with your drone.
Most of them, just add functionality to Mavic 2 series.

I think also, that all this conversation is about issues you have.
So "not issues at all" is not true.

Finally, IF the problem you have, is solved with an older version of Go4, then you know that you have an app problem, and not a spark / RC problem.

If you're using the tablet with spark only, then most new versions have nothing to do with your drone.
Most of them, just add functionality to Mavic 2 series.

I think also, that all this conversation is about issues you have.
So "not issues at all" is not true.

Finally, IF the problem you have, is solved with an older version of Go4, then you know that you have an app problem, and not a spark / RC problem.
This is not true. The App is always for all current DJI drones descripted in the App store info. I use the App/Tablet for all my DJI drones. There are a lot bugfixes every new version of the DJI Go App and there are not only including new drone models, that's for sure and a fact. But you have your opinion and I have mine, I would not risk i.e. fly aways with a older buggy version of the DJI Go 4 App only because you not have to solve the real problem.

This is not true. The App is always for all current DJI drones descripted in the App store info. I use the App/Tablet for all my DJI drones. There are a lot bugfixes every new version of the DJI Go App and there are not only including new drone models, that's for sure and a fact. But you have your opinion and I have mine, I would not risk i.e. fly aways with a older buggy version of the DJI Go 4 App only because you not have to solve the real problem.
The only source we have, about bug fixes and added (or removed) functionality, are the RELEASE NOTES that come with every version of the app.

Can you show me the changes and bugfixes, related to Spark, in the latest version?

I always read release notes, before updating my apps, or firmware of my equipment.

You choose to update, without checking if every version affects your equipment, and HOW is it affected.
It's ok, if it works.
But if it doesn't work (and THIS is the real problem), then there are two things you can do:
1. Rollback your version and continue flying.
2. Stop flying and wait for DJI to fix the problems.

It's always your (our) decision.

It's always your (our) decision.
This is true, my decision (our) and at last I have running successfully the latest DJI Go 4 App on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet you do not know and own. Nothing more to say, pointless. :cool:

OP has a problem with the tablet YOU have, and latest version of Go4.

You're right, I admit that you will help him way better than me.

Have a nice day.
This is true, my decision (our) and at last I have running successfully the latest DJI Go 4 App on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet you do not know and own. Nothing more to say, pointless. :cool:

Running a new Tab A 10.1 with 4.3.14 with OTG. Display is so dim it is unusable. S8 works great, but I need a bigger display.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers