Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New update of dji app android...

antwnis

Join
Apr 7, 2018
I haven't got the time to try....
Have you?
I read many problems for the new update... Is this so?

If you mean 4.16 i use it with my Samsung phone and tablet and so far no probs. Very occassionaly wont confirm RTH point. I use OTG.

If you're referring to 4.1.20 update be carefull when flying. My first flight with the new update it caused my controller to disconnect. The only thing that would work was the RTH function. I've gone back to 4.1.14 and not having any issues. In the process of trying 4.1.16 and 4.1.18. Hope this helps

I made some short flights with 4.2.20 (Android/OTG/CE) yesterday without issue, but so far I've not experienced any connection issues with any release (only been fliyng a couple of months)

If you're referring to 4.1.20 update be carefull when flying. My first flight with the new update it caused my controller to disconnect. The only thing that would work was the RTH function. I've gone back to 4.1.14 and not having any issues. In the process of trying 4.1.16 and 4.1.18. Hope this helps
Stay with 4.15 it's rock solid

Is it true that if you go back to an earlier version albeit a stable one and you lose your Spark due to a software or hardware related incident that DJI will not cover the loss under warranty? I know I read that somewhere. I am afraid to fly my Spark due to all of the stories that I have read concerning these latest Go 4 updates. Hopefully, DJI is working on a better and totally stable version for all devices.

Reactions: Anthony Geiger
I personally do not even have a clue as to which version I have on my iPad Mini 4 as I have not been brave enough to fly my Spark since all of the concerns about the update came about. And I am not going to fly until I see different comments showing up. I can't afford to lose my Spark as it took me nearly two years to save the money for it.
This thread is specifically about the Android version. Therefore the version numbers aren't the same.

I did not know that the app had a different version for the iOS.

I have disconnect issue due use 4.2.20 version with android. I think I need to downgrade to 4.2.18 or 16 :(

So many problems... I never had a problem until now. I am afraid to try the new version and for my luck it's raining full this weekend.... when I can fly I will inform you.

Reactions: IanSR
I have also big trouble with the new version and one bevore :( 4.15 is much better?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

I experienced very strong video lagging and even, for 1st time, disconnection between AC and phone! (At short distance less than 50m, AC in sight still fully controlable by RC. But "no signal" mentioned on the phone).
So i decided to buy an OTG cable. And the miracle happened. Perfect real time video feed back! Even at distances of 1500m+. This allows you to point your camera where you want with good precision. And telemetry fully available.
So my advice would be dont go back to previous versions. Just buy an OTG cable!! Very simple and easy to use, not as much as the wifi but the gain is tremendous.

I have been flying with the 4.1.20 with a couple of batteries.
I use otg and a 2.4ghz connection between rc and spark.
I been having connection lost when flying on lower altitude. It never last long and reestablish pretty fast except yesterday I tried again, got to 320m away when it happend again. The RTH kicked in and after 5sec I gain control again.
So I don't know if 4.1.15 would take the issue away but that is what I get with 4.1.20.
Any one else with this issue?

I experienced very strong video lagging and even, for 1st time, disconnection between AC and phone! (At short distance less than 50m, AC in sight still fully controlable by RC. But "no signal" mentioned on the phone).
So i decided to buy an OTG cable. And the miracle happened. Perfect real time video feed back! Even at distances of 1500m+. This allows you to point your camera where you want with good precision. And telemetry fully available.
So my advice would be dont go back to previous versions. Just buy an OTG cable!! Very simple and easy to use, not as much as the wifi but the gain is tremendous.
I got an otg and have so much trouble ;( why is that?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme