Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New warning message

has anyone gotten a new warning message about flying in certain areas. You have to check a box that you accept responsibility and hit ok.
It takes up most of the screen now.

Yea, normal when you enter zones with enhanced geofences that are within 5 miles of airports hospitals or other heliports.

MannyCAM2001

Yes, I have. DJI is definitely reducing their risks in pilot error OR JUST plain irresponsible flying and the FAA. As long as you're following the guidelines, as I try to do, you're fine.

Rafa7

Yes, I see that popup sometimes too, I verify I can fly in this location if I haven't check already, then I will check the box and hit okay to continue. Fly safe.

Where is the box? I see a "YES" and I tap that but nothing happens. I guess my eyes aren't that good any more.

Ok some time has passed and I made sure that my iphone gives permission to DJI app for cellular data. I was hit by the warning the other night and knew that I had 4 bars so cell service was good. However I was working through my RC controller and perhaps that blocked the cell service? I pressed yes and the box stayed there.
Is there something I'm not finding on my dji app that I need to set?

Rustic17

Look to the right of the warning...a dark blue circle on a black background (difficult to see in bright sunlight)...poorly designed by the app people. Tap the circle which then becomes a checkmark. Tap the Yes. Sometimes there are two circles that need to be tapped.

Wow... that is really hidden. I'll go back to the site and try again. Thank you so much for this very clear instruction.

Vilco

On a sunny day, the first time this message pop-up for me I had to fly with it on screen because I couldn't find the darn check box circle LOL
It happened to me with the first appearance of the "class D airspace" warning. I was under the sun, then I went under a colonnade and could finally see the 2 boxes :)

Rafa7

It happened to me with the first appearance of the "class D airspace" warning. I was under the sun, then I went under a colonnade and could finally see the 2 boxes :)
I know that was me, running around looking for a shadowed area LOL

Hey, I noticed on your signature that you reduced the Spark weight to 300 g but it is already a 300 g, what do you mean by that statement?

Vilco

I know that was me, running around looking for a shadowed area LOL
Hey, I noticed on your signature that you reduced the Spark weight to 300 g but it is already a 300 g, what do you mean by that statement?
With the original prop guards it weighs over 300 grams, and I had to keep it under 300 with prop guards on to be in the "harmless" cathegory as per the italian aviation authority rules (along with a maximum speed of no more than 60 kph). This way I can fly in urban areas without the need for two expensive course + exam s(circa 500-600 each nowadays thanks to the 300g sparks, one year ago they were around 1000 each) and without delimiting the area with barriers or picket lines (figure a guy with a very portable drone and 20 meters of plastic barriers...) and without paying each time 94 eur to said authority: flying in urban areas is a critical mission here in Italy, so if you haven't a harmless drone you need to require authorization circa 45 days prior to the mission and pay 94 eur per each authorisation :(
With a harmless one all of this nonsense is no more necessary: no exams, no barriers, just a once in a year 94 fee to the AA and fly by the rules
It almost looks like they made this "harmless" cathegory just for working with the Spark, gimme a Spark 4K (or a drone as good as the Spark with a 4K cam) and I could almost quit my current job :)

Rafa7

Dang, way to go, that is an excellent plan.
What are the prop guards extra weight and how do go about reducing the Spark+prop guards weight to 300 g?

Thank you all for revealing the Secret of the Blue Circle! I went back to the location and even in the shade I had a hard time finding it...but I did. I don't think I'd ever have figured this secret out without your help, so thank you. Hopefully I can help someone else down the line.
Jackson

Rafa7

I just started getting this error, and I have no network on my phone, so I am SOL
Which error is that? If you're referring to the acknowledgement pop-up message above, you don't need network to check the circle and get rid of it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babydave