Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newb from North Carolina

STEPASYD

Join
Dec 20, 2019
Just dropping in, new guy from Southern NC, dipping my feet into the hobby. Always had an interest in drones, but never thought I could afford it. Decided to pick up a JJRC X9 Heron last month, for starters, and realized how much I enjoyed the act of flying, but the overall experience just seemed bland. After researching into the Spark, I saw how much more it offered, so I decided to go a little deeper, so I picked up a secondhand Spark Fly More combo off of eBay, along with another $100 worth of accessories, and now I'm here. I've had it for a few days now, and I'm loving it! Hope to pick up alot of tips, tricks, and help provide some insight along the way!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland STEPASYD.

You'll find the Spark to be an impressive "toy".

I think DJI underestimated this little guy when it was released over two years ago.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome from Florida. Great bunch here with loads of knowledge and willing to help. Congratulations on your Spark, it's an amazing drone.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome aboard. You’ll love it and don’t worry about short flight times due to battery life. It suits me to be up and down regularly as I get to practice take offs and more importantly landings lots of times! You can also practice in-flight stuff too-hope you have at least 4 batteries in you kit. Safe flying.

Welcome ,
Stick to wide open spaces as you learn . trees and power lines eat drones . You can learn to get closer to things after you have acquired some experience . Also avoid a very windy day . Some wind is fine but a lot can be trouble . Send us some video to watch .

Greetings from the foothills in Wilkes Co.. I hope you enjoy the Spark.

he's a short little clip I recorded from behind the building I work at, overlooking my little town one rainy evening last week. Haven't done much flying this week, and I'm working on my 4th battery. Will be ordering it early in the new year, being mine was a fly more version, it came with 2, and I received my 3rd battery on Christmas eve. Waiting on a ton of accessories, I'll post some pics of my entire outfit tomorrow, along with a few new videos, If the weather decides to cooperate.

Laurinburg eh? I've been there before but that was a long time ago. Yeah, four batteries is about the right number. I have four but rarely use 3 at a time. Just remember to charge them all once in a while if you don't fly regularly. I just dusted mine off and did all of the updates and flew my Spark a few times today. Have fun and fly safe.

Laurinburg eh? I've been there before but that was a long time ago. Yeah, four batteries is about the right number. I have four but rarely use 3 at a time. Just remember to charge them all once in a while if you don't fly regularly. I just dusted mine off and did all of the updates and flew my Spark a few times today. Have fun and fly safe.
Lol yea, everybody stops here to pee, on the last leg of driving the the coast. Not much worth catching footage of here, like there is up your way. Wife's grandparents live in High Point, definitely looking forward to being able to go up there and getting some air time.

Reactions: Spark 317
I hope you can come up this way soon. I want to go up near the parkway and catch some footage. If you saw the video I just posted, you can see how close I am. I bet if you drive around in Laurinburg, you could discover some nice scenic areas to fly in and do more videos. I would like to see some more from there. Take care.

Will do, I'm a little limited at the moment, wife is 8 months preggo, and in the midst of the holidays. I have alot of unexplored areas on and around my in-law's land, and there are a few nice spots near my parents house on the other end of the county. You'll be seeing a fair amount of me around here. It's been awhile since I was a contributing member on any forums. (been a member of s10forum.com for 16 years, over 50k posts [emoji2960]) gonna go hunt for your latest footage as soon as I type this up, have you done any footage out at the speedway? Gives me an idea to go out and try to go fly over the track at Rockingham. It's only about 20-25 miles away.

Reactions: Spark 317
Well congratulations on the forthcoming birth! As for footage of the track, there is the problem with the caretaker that he runs anyone who tries to do that off. There are a lot of other drone videos of it and there isn't really much to see except for a nice track that is going to ruin. I have heard a rumor lately that there may be a Resurrection in the works but that has been tried before. I will be watching for that and maybe I can scout out a location to launch from that would work.

Thank you sir, and as for the caretaker being that way, it doesn't much surprise me. I've found myself spending hours on youtube just looking at other folks footage around the state, I'm the type I'm like, "yea they filmed there, but I want my own footage"...I'm just weird like that, I guess. It may have something to do with me being a mild thrill taker. For instance, I am guilty of taking Sparky a little too high last night. [emoji58] I was trying to see how many lights I could see from neighboring towns. And also prepping for some midnight flights on New Years Eve to try to catch some fireworks footage.

I did a test flight the other night. First one for me at night and I was surprised at the lack of visibility for LOS with the Spark. Those tiny green strobes just got lost quickly in the dark sky and I was less than a hundred feet AG. I have a solution for that though that I am going to try next time. I don't know why but flying at night and over water worries me.

I'm sitting here on the couch contemplating 2 flight spots before the rain arrives, both are over water, haha...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex