Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie from The Netherlands!

Lancelot

Join
Aug 7, 2017
Loc
Netherlands
Hello everyone!

My name is Gerald and I'm a proud owner of the lambo green Spark for about a month now. And yes it is my first drone and I'm very happy about it.

I have been looking into drones for a long time, having owned RC planes in my teenage years. But as we all know, drone (good ones) can be very pricey.
Thought about getting some cheap drone instead to get use to but decided not to at the end due to bad reviews.

And the timing couldnt be better, DJI came with this new thing!
The moment I saw one of the youtube video of the prototype, I knew that this one is for me. It is still not a cheap thing, but at its price it is an easier pill to swallow. Then came the time to convince wifey. And again, the timing couldnt be better. It was round about my birthday and a shop nearby has some on stock - so we went to see it. The moment the sales guy did a demo, doing those jedi tricks, my wife too was suddenly excited. Again, (I know I said this already), the timing couldnt be better, I am off for work to Shanghai. Aaand I got miself the spark! the fly more combo as I know that 1 battery is not enough!
*with hindsight, i shouldve bought more batteries as it is cheaper there!!

My first flight almost went horribly wrong with strong wind.
One mini-heart-attack, minutes of shaky-feet later, I am quite confident with the control haha. It is a stable drone and all around easy to control.

I am still a newbie with this thing, especially on trying to get those cinematic shots. My controller movement is still so jerky and I sometimes forget which direction is which haha. So for now, I am sticking to very open places :)

I still want to learn more from all the experts here and beyond.
This small drone is very good but even now already I am getting very curious (actually jealous) on the Mavic with its range for example.

Further I am also worried about some of the issues mentioned in this forum regarding the Spark, especially the sudden drop mid-air and the flyaway issue. Hopefully mine wont do any of those (any tips how to prevent or to notice this early?)

That was it and nice to meet you guys!

Safe flight!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Further I am also worried about some of the issues mentioned in this forum regarding the Spark, especially the sudden drop mid-air and the flyaway issue. Hopefully mine wont do any of those (any tips how to prevent or to notice this early?)
A lot of the flyaway issues seem to have been caused by people taking off near magnetic metal objects. The DJI GO app will often warn you when the Spark is near such an object. It sometimes shows no warning though. Double-check the map in DJI GO to ensure the aircraft symbol is pointed in the same direction as the Spark while it's sitting on the ground. If it's not, that's an indication that the compass is near a magnetic metal object.

Noted, thanks a lot. I think I got lucky until now, no problems so far! fingers crossed

Nice to see another Dutch guy here, got the same Lambo green color an currently flying in Sweden with it on our holiday

Nice to see another Dutch guy here, got the same Lambo green color an currently flying in Sweden with it on our holiday
Nice! Sweden has so many beautiful landscape. I went to the islands on the coast of Gothenburg earlier this year (I didnt have my spark yet then:() and I could only imagine how nice it would have been taking cinematic shots with drone! Veel plezier!

Reactions: BelGer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme