Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie needs help linking remote control to spark

Switch on drone, then once it's done it's little musical interlude, push and hold the same power button until it bleeps once.

Then turn on remote, at the same time push and hold right shoulder function (the button below the photo one), the Fn button on the top (to the right of the sports mode button) and the pause button (to the left of the sport button), continue holding for a few seconds until the light on the top left of the controller flashes green at the same time as it bleeps, give it a few seconds and the green flashing light will go solid, that's it, their synced/paired.

Reactions: LarryD1274
Since DJI are selling them both together now, I assumed the Spark was already linked to the controller like it is in the Fly More package, but when I turn on Spark and remote (in an attempt to activate) it goes from a blinking red to a solid red rather than green like it is supposed to, making me think they are not linked. However when I attempt to link and "push in and hold power button for three seconds" on the Spark, but I only hear a faint beep and the front led's don't blink red, they are a solid red, so aparently I am unable to link or activate. I've been at this for days and I'm about to commit myself, can anyone help?

Hi - I had similar issue at first. I fixed by ensuring the phone was paired to the remote control first by WiFi (with the drone turned off). Then turning on the Spark, and it then connected to the remote and has been fine ever since.

Hope works for you.

I think I’d done something odd in the initial set up to try to connect direct to Phone when I always wanted to use the controller.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef