Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

NFZ since .600 update

Martin Lines

Join
Aug 10, 2017
Loc
United Kingdom
Since updating (but I do not know if it is related) I seem to be in a permanent NFZ requiring Authorisation.

I have loaded and unlocked the Authorisation even though on the DJI map I am outside the nearest zone by around 2km (1.5 miles)

I even went further away (2 miles) from zone and it made no difference.

Is there any log file I can look at to see which zone it is complaining about and where it thinks I am in relation to the zone?

Think this is going to happen to a lot of people. It's been the whole point of the 0600, to heighten the NFZ restrictions.
I've done the update but haven't tried to fly in town yet.
I imagine is you are in a sensitive area or near airport it is going to be tough to get around

I drove 10 miles away and it still does it. I also have unlocked the area. I am going to a location 130 miles away tomorrow so will try again there

If you have an unlock zone engaged, Spark will not fly outside of that bubble.

When you leave your normal NFZ area, you must now DESELECT the last unlock zone or you get that frustrating warning.

Last firmware first checked if you were in a NFZ, THEN checked for your unlocked zone.
This one does it backwards.

Well I cleared down the "unlocks" and also drove 130 miles away (for another purpose, not just to fly the spark) and it still refused any Intelligent flight modes.

However the unlocks I originally had in place expire at 23:59 tonight so will try again tomorrow.

Sorry that did not work for you. Have you accepted the NFZ map update? (I have not yet, as my phone is connected to the spark by Wifi, and thus cannot download data.
I don't understand how anyone without the OTG cable can possibly update Spark from their phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe