Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Night shots

idbl_fanatic

Join
Jan 9, 2018
What settings do all of you use for night/sunset shots? I took mine up last night for the first time, and it seems VERY blurry

Thanks

Ron_Dog

Join
Mar 23, 2018
Loc
Illinois
I left mine on auto, set the EV at +1.3 and they came out good! I had a few that were blurry, but I'm pretty sure I was moving when I took them.

Attachments

chagspark

Join
Dec 9, 2017
I left mine on auto, set the EV at +1.3 and they came out good! I had a few that were blurry, but I'm pretty sure I was moving when I took them.
wow those are some pretty good shots, ill use the tips.

Jeplane

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Dallas, TX
CMH DJI nite street.jpg Keep in mind that night shots may not always be the best thing to do, as you lose a lot of details in the sky... This picture was taken 25 to 30 minutes after sunset, and still looks nice, and having a sky for the background to boot.

I usually set the lowest shutter speed that I dare, with no wind. (so far, anything under 1/5sec has been blurry)
I also use the compensation as needed until it looks decent on the screen.

Mozmoz4000

Join
Aug 1, 2018
ISO at 100, exposure at 2 seconds. Here's two different shots I took when testing this. First one has streaks across it because I was moving it before the 2 seconds had completed for the shot, which may explain your blurs. Second shot I took the night after. I left it for a few seconds to 'settle' in position, then took the picture and allowed the two second exposure to play out.

IMG_20180804_223621_760.jpgPSX_20180805_224358.jpg

GadgetInspector

Join
Jul 19, 2018
ISO at 100, exposure at 2 seconds. Here's two different shots I took when testing this. First one has streaks across it because I was moving it before the 2 seconds had completed for the shot, which may explain your blurs. Second shot I took the night after. I left it for a few seconds to 'settle' in position, then took the picture and allowed the two second exposure to play out.

View attachment 6247View attachment 6248
Very nice. I can't wait to try out long exposures. Did you use a filter at all?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amethiel