Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Fly Zones in China

steve.r

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Loc
Taicang, China
Just to be safe, I have looked at no fly zones where I am living right now. There is a large no fly zone near, but not so near me and flying appears to not be a problem around my area......But....

The town where I am has a large naval shipyard and close to where I work has a military airport. My question is this, according to DJI No Fly Zone maps, there are no apparent restrictions here. There is a large hill that is very popular with tourists that overlooks the bay and harbour, and when you get to the observation area at the top, hundreds of locals are there snapping away with their phones. It does overlook the frigates and submarines that are docked.

Do you think I would be ok to fly from this place or not?

Below is a NFZ map of my area, and where I want to fly from and the view.

Viewing platform at the top of the hill.

Views

Last edited:
I would be very, very careful. "Other people are doing it also" is not the same as having permission to fly. Especially around military installations. And especially in countries with a totalitarian regime...

Reactions: Rocco Germani
Hi Robin, You are right I could have done. I was more thinking of just going up high for a 360 panorama really. Maybe better I don't in this area, its just a shame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe