Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Low Battery Warning Sounds IOS

Gemster18

Join
May 31, 2019
Has anyone had this strange issue? For some reason...when flying the Spark with IOS..IPad Mini 4.. I no longer get an audible " LOW BATTERY WARNING " Sound anymore? It works on Android perfect, just not with IOS? Any thoughts? All firmware has been updated, both in the Drone, and updated my IOS as well. Note: All other sounds work too... very strange ?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Gemster18.

Same here.
I have been flying with a mini4 since 2017 and have never heard it, but have heard it with the Droids.

Here are some posts from other members about it.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

I use android for spark and it’s fine.
On the odd occasion I take the phantom out, I used iPad and get the warning. So could be just the spark?

My android system fails to indicate low voltage on the phone. This is because I am using OTG cable and it gives a back feed of power from the controller to my phone. This feed is very small but enough to be detected as charging and this switches off the low voltage indiction. All other sounds work.
Has anyone found an OTG cable that prevents this back feed?
I use "Speaking Battery" to look after the phone power.

My android system fails to indicate low voltage on the phone. This is because I am using OTG cable and it gives a back feed of power from the controller to my phone. This feed is very small but enough to be detected as charging and this switches off the low voltage indiction. All other sounds work.
Has anyone found an OTG cable that prevents this back feed?
I use "Speaking Battery" to look after the phone power.
This is very interesting, because I always use my iOS with an OTG cable maybe that's why I'm not getting the the low battery warning? I will try it without the cable once my drone comes back from DJI I had to send it in for repairs for a different problem

This is very interesting, because I always use my iOS with an OTG cable maybe that's why I'm not getting the the low battery warning? I will try it without the cable once my drone comes back from DJI I had to send it in for repairs for a different problem
Battery of device, has nothing to do with Spark's battery.

There's a bug in go4 app for iOS, that's why you (we) don't hear audible warning about (SPARK'S) low battery.

Drainage of controller's battery, while using an otg cable with an android device, is ANOTHER known issue.

Battery of device, has nothing to do with Spark's battery.

There's a bug in go4 app for iOS, that's why you (we) don't hear audible warning about (SPARK'S) low battery.

Drainage of controller's battery, while using an otg cable with an android device, is ANOTHER known issue.
Okay so I understand there is a bug in the DJI go 4 app, but this bug has been going on now for at least a year! When are these Programmers going to figure out, and rewrite the program , so that we no longer have this issue? How many posts on forums is it going to take? Before somebody from DJI takes notice? I myself have been calling about the same issue for almost a year now! It is ridiculous, that they cannot figure out a workaround for this issue at the very least!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers