Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No QR code sticker

hotrodspike

Join
Dec 21, 2018
Hi good people

I bought a Spark off eBay which had a problem (Gimbal Overload), I think I've fixed that, but when I've tried to connect to the little beast, there's no QR Code sticker on the box or the battery compartment, which is stopping me from doing anything at all.

Any suggestions? I've been reading for the past couple of months and you guys (and gals) seem to have the aswers to most problems.

Thanks all

John

Hi good people

I bought a Spark off eBay which had a problem (Gimbal Overload), I think I've fixed that, but when I've tried to connect to the little beast, there's no QR Code sticker on the box or the battery compartment, which is stopping me from doing anything at all.

Any suggestions? I've been reading for the past couple of months and you guys (and gals) seem to have the aswers to most problems.

Thanks all

John
May try 12341234?

Good idea, never thought of that. It'll have to wait until tommorow now, got stuff to do, people to see.
I'll let you know

John

Hi good people

Thanks all

John

The QR code isn't necessary (and doesn't work anyway).

The wifi password for the Spark is on the lower right corner of the large sticker in the battery compartment. It's fairly small print so you may need to magnify (especially if worn).

The default password for the RC is 12341234. If the original owner changed it you can always reset to factory code.

Sorry Andre, there's no sticker in the battery compartment at all. Just been sent a link to another DJI video on how to link the controller etc. I think that's the 4th version of the system I've seen!!!

John

I would recommend to reset spark and rc to factory settings like Andre said before. Then you don't need the qr codes (I have a Huawei p20 pro with on of the best phone cameras and I can't scan the qr codes because the are so ******* tiny....)
Reset - connect - change the password in Go4 app for your own password. If you have a lable maker you can make your own sticker ;)

Reactions: Andre Levite
Sorry Andre, there's no sticker in the battery compartment at all. Just been sent a link to another DJI video on how to link the controller etc. I think that's the 4th version of the system I've seen!!!

John

Very strange that anybody would remove the entire sticker from the battery compartment. I can't think of a legitimate reason. Especially concerning because it's an eBay purchase. Did you research the seller carefully?

I haven't had to reset my Spark's wifi recently but pretty sure you still need the factory passcode to complete setup. You may have to contact DJI Support and give them the serial number to get a code (and make sure it's not reported as stolen).

Maybe the body of the drone was charged, after a crash.

Yes. That was precisely my point: a drone bought on eBay with missing factory sticker is very suspicious -- probably stolen, seriously crashed or assembled from surplus parts. All bad.

Removing the sticker doesn't just hide the wifi password -- it also removes the serial number -- that was intentional. A legit seller/repairer would transfer the sticker or supply the password and SN. Hopefully DJI Assistant or Support can supply these.

Hopefully OP will update with results of solutions proposed above. Will be interested to see how it functions if/when he gets it airborne.

Good luck to him. Good lesson for the rest of us.

I put a piece of clear packing tape over mine to protect it when I found out how quickly the remote sticker had worn.

Reactions: graywoulf
Thanks for all of your help guys/gals. Tried it today, straight away it linked! Gimbal problem (overload) that made it cheap (really cheap) is not evident anymore, so absolutely brilliant result.
Andre, the seller has 1226 transactions to his name and 100% positive feedback. The reason he sold it was because of the Gimbal overload problem and he couldn't be bothered to fix it.
Thanks again everybody

John

Thanks for all of your help guys/gals. Tried it today, straight away it linked! Gimbal problem (overload) that made it cheap (really cheap) is not evident anymore, so absolutely brilliant result.
Andre, the seller has 1226 transactions to his name and 100% positive feedback. The reason he sold it was because of the Gimbal overload problem and he couldn't be bothered to fix it.
Thanks again everybody

John

So glad to know that worked!

Happy Flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme