Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Not happy with pics at cloudy day

alditenen

Join
May 6, 2018
Hi... at the beach
I have taken these photos and I am not satisfied with the result ..... any suggestions? I would like to get landscape photos in 16: 9 format
No filter used
regards

Attachments

• screen_2911fd5217bdad54_1551730566000.jpg
    screen_2911fd5217bdad54_1551730566000.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 130
  • screen_4ae9f96e383609ef_1551731928000.jpg
    screen_4ae9f96e383609ef_1551731928000.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 128
  • screen_556050162fd35f05_1551731944000.jpg
    screen_556050162fd35f05_1551731944000.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 116
  • screen_28d7427ec4662c63_1551730456000.jpg
    screen_28d7427ec4662c63_1551730456000.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 111
  • screen_4c896a16dd22d87c_1551731932000.jpg
    screen_4c896a16dd22d87c_1551731932000.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 108
  • screen_8385bb6edaec544a_1551731948000.jpg
    screen_8385bb6edaec544a_1551731948000.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 102
I would like to get landscape photos in 16: 9 format
Have you tried the horizontal panorama option? It takes 9 photos and stitches them together to give a widescreen effect. Not sure about the exact aspect ratio it produces but you can always crop in post edit.

Reactions: alditenen
Have you tried the horizontal panorama option? It takes 9 photos and stitches them together to give a widescreen effect. Not sure about the exact aspect ratio it produces but you can always crop in post edit.

Hello, it's a good suggestion ... I'll try it next time

Can I assume you are shooting in manual? If not then that will give you more options. It seems like your shots should have been brighter! There is another thread posted today called "Drone video: best settings for DJI models" That should help you out.

The camera in the Spark did a very good job here: the sky is not too bright and the ground is not too dark. Any camera would produce the same results under these conditions. The contrast is just what it is and in this case, if you bring your pictures in Lightroom or Photoshop Express you can work with these pictures and make them better.
In other words: if you change your exposure settings in the Spark, you will either blow out the sky or blacken the foreground.
For example, your first photo. Open it in Photoshop Express (default on any Windows computer I think) and brighten up the shadows. I'll try attaching this edited picture but if I can't just please try yourself.

Attachments

• screen_2911fd5217bdad54_1551730566000_edited.jpg
    screen_2911fd5217bdad54_1551730566000_edited.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 58
Can I assume you are shooting in manual? If not then that will give you more options. It seems like your shots should have been brighter! There is another thread posted today called "Drone video: best settings for DJI models" That should help you out.
Thank you for your answer.... i think it was not in manual I Will see the video as son as possible
Thank you

The camera in the Spark did a very good job here: the sky is not too bright and the ground is not too dark. Any camera would produce the same results under these conditions. The contrast is just what it is and in this case, if you bring your pictures in Lightroom or Photoshop Express you can work with these pictures and make them better.
In other words: if you change your exposure settings in the Spark, you will either blow out the sky or blacken the foreground.
For example, your first photo. Open it in Photoshop Express (default on any Windows computer I think) and brighten up the shadows. I'll try attaching this edited picture but if I can't just please try yourself.

Hello obviously the processed photo is better than the original ..... I will look for that program and I will do a test
Thanks for the feedback
regards

You could increase exposure if you use manual mode, but the result would be a completely white sky. That's why I said the camera did the best job possible: it captured all light intensities in one image. You will have to use an editing program to enhance it.

Hi... at the beach
I have taken these photos and I am not satisfied with the result ..... any suggestions? I would like to get landscape photos in 16: 9 format
No filter used
regards

If you’re willing, email me your favorite pic of the series (in full resolution) and I’ll repost my edited version with info on what I did.
The camera did its job well but the pics need post editing to bring out the best. The lighting was low contrast and as photographers we are at the mercy of whatever lighting is present.

Bob Marcy
[email protected]

Professional Photography Faculty
Dawson College
Montreal, Quebec

www.photodawson.com

"Drone video: best settings for DJI models"
This video is only about shooting video. The guy says he will come up with a separate video for photos.
Nevertheless, it is a very in-depth walk-through and covers all the video shooting settings available in DJI drones. A must watch for beginners.

Just made some very minor changes in LR, lightened the shadows and it looks great IMO, nice shot by the way :D

Ahh the result is perfect .... I like the lighting that the image has, the natural sky
I'm going to try to edit them in lightroom to see what result I get
Thanks for the input, Greetings

Well, just made do with a low res screen copy and did some work using LightRoom Mobile on my iPhone:

IMG_1622.jpg

Would be better working with a full res copy but you can see that there is a good looking image hiding there. I find almost all of my shots could be improved with a bit of editing in post.
NB

I also use a free program from Microsoft Called I.C.E. (Image Composite Editor) Sometimes. If I have overlapping shots I will work to stich them together, It looks like you two shots of the coast line with the buildings of the city might be a good candidate for it. the other shots are either duplicates or taken from wildly different angles, and would not work. I also use it with my still camera photos to.

Well, just made do with a low res screen copy and did some work using LightRoom Mobile on my iPhone:

View attachment 9152

Would be better working with a full res copy but you can see that there is a good looking image hiding there. I find almost all of my shots could be improved with a bit of editing in post.
NB

Amazing how you can improve the image
It is much more vivid than the original
Thanks for the tips
regards

The original was a bit underexposed and the lighting was low in contrast. I admit I used a graduated mask on the sky to treat it differently than the foreground.

You might be interested in an editing program like AirMagic which is due out on March 21st. It’s designed as a one click fix for drone images using A.I. algorithms to analyze the original image. Using drag and drop you can batch process multiple image. It’s got me interested. Check out the following article for more info.

NB

Nice, smooth flying. Naturally the video could use some post editing just like your still images but perhaps not important if only a test flight... unless you want to practice video editing.
NB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex