Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Not Saving to SD

MylesAndMore

Join
Dec 25, 2018
I just got my Spark, and had a 32 GB SanDisk Class 10 MicroSD laying around. I put it in there, and recorded some video and took some pictures.
It had been formatted already.
Only two of the 10 videos I took saved, and none of the seven pictures I took saved.
They did save to the phone's cache, which I don't want.

Any ideas?

Samsung Galaxy S8
Android Version 8.0.0
Latest DJI GO 4
Latest Spark Firmware for everthing

1. First try reformatting the micro SD card while it is in the Spark using the DJI Go app. Some computer-based formatting utilities are not compatible with Spark file system.

2. Not all Class 10 SD cards are created equal. U3 speed rated cards are 3x faster than U1 and therefore better for HD video. New 64GB U3 cards from Samsung are only $12. I recommend getting two in case you forget one at home or fill one up in the field

3. Even though they have no moving parts individual SD cards can develop bad sectors or become corrupted. Maybe time to get some new cards

I'd expected one of those solutions to work. If not please give an update and more details

I know you said formatted already and Andre pointed out formatting in the craft using the app but...
I was shown this formatter highly recommended by photographers:
Using SD Formatter Tool to restore full capacity on SDHC/SDXC cards

1) I know this says 'to restore full capacity' but this is for all issues.
2) I presented the link through SanDisk for authenticity - if they recommend it...

Like I said for all issues related to Micro SD cards.

And I use Samsung EVO exclusively.
I was introduced to this formatter when my FireFly 6S produced random 1 frame artifact - black where skyblue should be.
Ran the formatter with stock/ standard settings and never saw that issue again.

All other issues with pixHawk flight controllers, other cameras or anything a MicroSD card is used in gets an initial format from this right here.

I don't know if this clears up or worsens the situation.
I went to a friend's house and took some pictures and video, and decided to check them.
Earlier I had been using only the phone, but then I was using the controller and the controller + phone.
I used the same MicroSD (hadn't changed it), used a DIFFERENT adapter (MicroSD to SD), and plugged it into their Windows 7 system.

I found all of the media that I had taken, and also the media from earlier!

My PC runs Windows 10, so either that or the adapter might be the problem.
I haven't had a chance to check the new files on my PC yet, I will reply when I have the results.

OK, now Win10/my PC is detecting and can read all files.

My other problem is one that I just noticed.
Not all of my videos saved to the SD.
For example, I took a QuickShot, which I couldn't find there. I also took a video of the Spark doing RTH, but no such luck finding that either.

All of these saved to the phone's video cache, so any way I can set it to save to ONLY SD and not phone cache?

And also, should I try backing up my files and formatting the SD with the DJI GO? If so, what files should I back up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme