Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Off-Brand Amazon Props

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone tried these off brand props that are on amazon?

Amazon.com : GBSELL 2pcs Propellers for DJI Spark Drone Folding Blade 4730F Props RC Spare Parts (A) : Sports & Outdoors

They look identical and are only $4.99 after shipping. For some reason the DJI brand ones are $14.21 on Amazon. I'm considering giving them a shot.
I've made this statement once before..."Why on earth would anyone want to buy "knock-off" props?". The cost for the DJI props are minimal. I don't work for NASA, but i am smart enough to know that props are a important part of the flying process. You already spent $500+ on the drone, I think you can afford the extra $7. On a side note...I've NEVER had to replace the props on any of my multiple DJI platforms.

JTS

Join
Jun 17, 2017
Hmm, I wouldn't. If anything goes wrong with a prop (blade flies off hub or tab breaks) the quad will definitely drop from the sky like a brick.

MPhelps81

Join
May 28, 2017
I've made this statement once before..."Why on earth would anyone want to buy "knock-off" props?". The cost for the DJI props are minimal. I don't work for NASA, but i am smart enough to know that props are a important part of the flying process. You already spent $500+ on the drone, I think you can afford the extra $7. On a side note...I've NEVER had to replace the props on any of my multiple DJI platforms.
Because on a set of 4 it's a $20 savings. Regardless of what you spent on the drone, $20 is $20.

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
You 100% correct...also, if you wait a few more weeks there will be some "knock off" batteries available for $22.99.

MPhelps81

Join
May 28, 2017
You 100% correct...also, if you wait a few more weeks there will be some "knock off" batteries available for $22.99.
I disagree that a battery is the same as props. I don't specifically know what the internals are, but DJI batteries likely have some proprietary software and hardware inside. I highly doubt there's that big of a difference between the DJI props and the ones I posted.

jimbug

Join
May 27, 2017
I'd love to see if they actually look like the photo of them on Amazon.

Dronason

Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 28, 2017
Loc
Switzerland
Has anyone tried these off brand props that are on amazon?

Amazon.com : GBSELL 2pcs Propellers for DJI Spark Drone Folding Blade 4730F Props RC Spare Parts (A) : Sports & Outdoors

They look identical and are only $4.99 after shipping. For some reason the DJI brand ones are $14.21 on Amazon. I'm considering giving them a shot.
Hard to say at 100%. For me, it is not same as fix propellers like on Phantom 3. Folding propellers are a little more complex. Best is to avoid crash on ground or wall :)
At the end, there is not only the direct cost, there is also the risk related to what will happen if it a prop fail, but maybe you mostly fly in countryside.
So the plan is you try and we wait for your return of experience.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarioBoost