Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

off-topic cell phone question

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
I bought myself a new cell phone and giving my Galaxy S8 cell to my daughter. It has a 64g memory built-in I want to add more memory anyone know how much more memory I can add? she takes a lot of pictures I mean a lot. My new S10+ I can add up to 1T of memory, of course, she wants my s10+ ? NO way that's happening. I looked it up but got different answers on it ?

Thanks, Jeff ?

According to SAMSUNG specifications it' s 512 gb.

Screenshot_20200302-031112.png

CNET has it listed at 256 gb.

Screenshot_20200302-030401.png

If the manufacturer says 512, unless the S8+ is different from the S8 in storage capacity?

Reactions: Haggi
My recommendation is to have Google automatically back up photos to Google photos then you don't have to worry about local storage.

Reactions: RotorWash
I have the Samsung Note 8. I’ve had the Samsung 200GB card in since birth. It still has all my original photos/videos from day one. I perform monthly backups to the external HD connected to the laptop. The HD gets backed up on quarterly basis as well.

My recommendation is to have Google automatically back up photos to Google photos then you don't have to worry about local storage.
Some folks are not comfortable with or its not convenient to cloud everything. Speaking for myself, I would much rather have local storage (192Gb in the phone and I have a many terabtyes at house.) than have to get online to the internet to get at things. In my rural setting, its a challenge with really large files. (video). But your suggestion is fair for folks in the urban world.:)

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe