Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
Try as I might I just can't get an OTG cable to work with my spark, watched countless videos and they all seem to get it to work. But I can't!!

I used an app, OTG? to check if my phone was up to it.
It told me that my burn phone had no hardware for OTG.
A second phone had the hardware but no firmware. The app helped with that too.

Good Luck.

Try as I might I just can't get an OTG cable to work with my spark, watched countless videos and they all seem to get it to work. But I can't!!
Reading your post, I'm assuming that you have an RC and your trying to connect your phone to your RC with an OTG cable so you don't have to use WiFi to connect your RC to your phone. If that's the case, did you get the OTG cable along with your Spark or are you using a cable you just had laying around your house? I ask because you need to have a specific end of the cable to connect to your RC, it will be marked "Host" if it's an after market OTG cable. If it doesn't say "Host" on one of the ends, try flipping the cable around and try it that way. Hopefully that will work. I purchased an aftermarket OTG cable off of Amazon for less than $10 and it works with my phone and tablet. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Guys I will try a different cable. Plus another strange phenomenon I find I need to turn my remote off the on again to get it to appear on my wifi list. I have looked online and found many people have the same problem, It's not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

My OTG cable was working just fine and is high quality. I started having problems like remote connection error and one time I thought it would work but about 1 minute into the flight I got the error and so I just landed it as my phone's GO 4 APP was disconnected.

Reading your post, I'm assuming that you have an RC and your trying to connect your phone to your RC with an OTG cable so you don't have to use WiFi to connect your RC to your phone. If that's the case, did you get the OTG cable along with your Spark or are you using a cable you just had laying around your house? I ask because you need to have a specific end of the cable to connect to your RC, it will be marked "Host" if it's an after market OTG cable. If it doesn't say "Host" on one of the ends, try flipping the cable around and try it that way. Hopefully that will work. I purchased an aftermarket OTG cable off of Amazon for less than $10 and it works with my phone and tablet. Hope this helps.
Exactly what happened to me when trying to use an OTG cable with my Samsung Note 4. Sometimes it would work, other times I'd get an error notification saying "High-power USB device connected. Can not access to this device. . ." VERY aggravating. . .THEN read a post about the cable being "directional". . like you said. . "HOST" end needing to be plugged into the r/c. . .I've discovered mine works fine when a certain end is plugged into the r/c. . .so I labeled it. . .been fine since :)

No, I bought a specific cable for it. I used it a couple of times and it worked great. One end goes to the RC and the other the phone. The ends are matched to each connector so it is a no brainer. I'm traveling so I can't just get another one from Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme