Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Otg

bennie

Join
Jul 23, 2017
Im still having issues connecting the rc with phone using otg im using Android phone ver 5.1.1any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated as using wifi is getting really annoying as i still have not been able to fly more than 100 meters from me

Have you tried like this: connect RC+AIRCRAFT, then connect the cable into rc, after to the phone, when you do last step it prompts one window in phone asking you to connect Dji go 4. Before all of this you must enable otg in Android.

Reactions: vash_km
How do you enable otg in Android?
In my case, OnePlus 5, latest Nougat.
6e6019a2e70ea80ea1c45adb884f52bc.jpg

In case of android, both side are microUSB, so you should be sure that the OTG adapter is connected to the RC side. Normally you don't need enabling OTG on the phone as it is the RC that need to be the OTG host. But, cannot be bad I think.
If you see that the battery of your phone is discharging quickly, then your cable should be reverted. The phone can deliver 1A to charge the RC (so your phone could discharge in a few hours) , but when wired correctly, it is the RC that deliver 0.1A to the phone, which has only small impact on autonomy.

Mine is usb-c, and I have to activate otg in that place in pic. And the sequence was that, I tried other sequences, no other work.

No experience with usb-c actually. It is probably not making it easier.

I have no problems connecting it to Nexus 5X and Honor 8 which are both USB-C. Usually I waited the RC turn Green then plugin the OTG to the RC. And DJI GO 4 will automatically launch.
And one way to test your phone support OTG is to plugin to your PC and see if it can read your SD card. If it's don't work then it your phone problem.

Cannot read the text message, sorry.

Cannot read the text message, sorry.
Sorry, about that, the video is blurry and the text is in Dutch :)
It is a popup that keeps coming up as soon as I connect an OTG cable between my Samsung Galaxy TAB and the controller asking me If I want to open DJIGO4 for the device connected on USB.
I should be able to checkmark: always perform this action. Do a cancel or an OK. But because this popup is flashing I cannot perform any action.

I fail to see how connecting your OSD to your RC is affecting your range. The range is determined by the TX/RX of the RC. If you are only getting 100m I bet somehow your RC and your Spark are not paired. And you are simply meeting the wifi flight envelope because of that. Your RC needs to be paired with the spark and your device needs to be paired with the RC. If you are flying with the phone connected to the Spark wifi that is the problem IMO

I fail to see how connecting your OSD to your RC is affecting your range. The range is determined by the TX/RX of the RC. If you are only getting 100m I bet somehow your RC and your Spark are not paired. And you are simply meeting the wifi flight envelope because of that. Your RC needs to be paired with the spark and your device needs to be paired with the RC. If you are flying with the phone connected to the Spark wifi that is the problem IMO
No phone is connected to rc and spark to rc not phone to spark

So with no device connected to wifi of RC or wifi of Spark does your remote connect to Spark and give a green light?
Wifi connection of your OSD device to your RC is NOT limiting your flight envelope size to 100m.
The only other answer is Beginner Mode or local geo restriction or that you must update to latest versions of OS app and firmware.

I personally don't think this affects the range either cuz the controller is connected to the Drone no matter if you're using a cell phone or not. the range will stay the same. but what I will say it does fix is my issue with lag. Also a lot less force closes on the DJI go 4 app but then again that might have been fixed by the new updates.

Right
Another test - try controller alone with no OSD device (you are bypassing DJI controller geofencing via Go4 app). Be sure you have green light and home point set and see if you have more than 100 m range.

So with no device connected to wifi of RC or wifi of Spark does your remote connect to Spark and give a green light?
Wifi connection of your OSD device to your RC is NOT limiting your flight envelope size to 100m.
The only other answer is Beginner Mode or local geo restriction or that you must update to latest versions of OS app and firmware.
Yes rc gives green telling me it is connected to spark firmware is latest on spark all 3 battery and rc and beginner mode off. The area i was flying in Australia is not restricted according to casa

My OTG set-up worked a week ago and now my phone won't detect my RC. I've restarted my phone, RC, and the AC and nothing. Any ideas? I really don't want to fly with phone connected to RC via wifi, not sure how stable that is.

I'm on android with latest OS and my RC / AC on the latest firmware.

My OTG set-up worked a week ago and now my phone won't detect my RC. I've restarted my phone, RC, and the AC and nothing. Any ideas? I really don't want to fly with phone connected to RC via wifi, not sure how stable that is.

I'm on android with latest OS and my RC / AC on the latest firmware.

I fear it's the new Firmware. Today I updated (the spark also) my RC and since then OTG connection no longer works. I had no problem before - last time about 4 or 5 days ago. Anybody has the same experience?

Flying on OTG cable all day long with both my iPhone and iPad with no problems via the RC. Only issue I've had is the map sometimes loading and sometimes not. I can live with that as long as I get the RTH verification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers