Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTM cable loses custom buttons

Virtual1

Join
Nov 19, 2017
I just started using an OTM cable to hook my remote directly to my iPhone. I found I could no longer press Fn to take off. Checking, both custom buttons had ben reset to "none", so I set them.

I have since found out that every time I unplug the OTM cable, I have to re-assign those settings because they revert back to "none". (they were staying assigned just fine before when I was connecting my phone via wifi) Is this a bug or just something we have to get used to?

Is this a bug or just something we have to get used to?
DJI does not support using an OTG cable. If you choose to use it anyhow, you'll have to deal with things like this that don't work as expected.

Yep I know it's not "officially supported". That can either mean they're going to support it officially later, or they're going to ignore it and it'l either get better or worse purely by chance. Seeing as pretty much everyone tells you to use an OTG cable/adapter to get a big boost in range with the remote, I'm surprised they don't "officially support" it yet. Better range is one of the biggest advertised features of the remote, and not using an OTG cable really nerfs that feature. Is it even possible to achieve the stated max range of the remote without using an OTG cable?

Is it even possible to achieve the stated max range of the remote without using an OTG cable?
You should be able to achieve the advertised range if there is no interference in the flying area.

but is that with the phone paired up and on the remote's wifi streaming video?

Yes.

Try enabling airplane mode on your phone (and just turn on Wi-Fi). And make sure you do not have any other Bluetooth/cellular/Wi-Fi devices near the Spark remote controller while you're flying.

I don't believe DJI will ever officially support OTG for the Spark, if you want to use OTG buy a Mavic or P4.

yep I keep bluetooth off. At thanksgiving I was trying to show it off but after the first time I couldn't get it to take off because it complained nonstop about interference, probably everyone's cell phone.

It's an otg cable and if you installed the new 4.1.18 version on your phone you're messed up like many of us, hope they will fix it

On this topic........

Is this why i cannot get any flight information when i connect with OTG? I dont get distance, height, speed, GPS lock or anything. I basically cannot fly outside of 100 ft. With the OTG becuase I dont trust it.

WTF

Is this why i cannot get any flight information when i connect with OTG? I dont get distance, height, speed, GPS lock or anything. I basically cannot fly outside of 100 ft. With the OTG becuase I dont trust it.

I believe this was a bug introduced with the 4.1.18 software update that caused OTG cable problems? You might get better results with 4.1.15

That's the same problem I have, before I installed the 4.1.18 version on my Android phone my otg cable worked great, what a mistake.others have rolled back to 4.1.15 but I haven't had any luck yet

off to the park now to test some variations. I've got two fires one with 4.1.15 and one with 4.1.18 and we'll see how they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67