Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Painting the Spark

Dukatu

Join
May 27, 2017
Just saw iJustine's video, where she painted her Spark. What do you guys think? Would you attempt painting?

Painting absolutely not, unless you are going to disassemble it. You can always buy a skin that wouldn't void your warranty if you accidentally got paint on a vital component.

I had one customer plasti dip his in red. It got everywhere and sealed the drone so well, I couldnt get the body apart without a struggle. Errant paint can do that too.

I make skins and wraps for all kinds of stuff, as soon as I get my spark ill be making some. However, if the top shell is easy to remove then Ill be whipping mine off and giving it a nice paint job.

I make skins and wraps for all kinds of stuff, as soon as I get my spark ill be making some. However, if the top shell is easy to remove then Ill be whipping mine off and giving it a nice paint job.

At least from the demo unit breakdown videos and such, the case appears to be far from easy to remove utilizing screws hidden by plastic caps and clips.

I've already seen skins being advertised on eBay.

At least from the demo unit breakdown videos and such, the case appears to be far from easy to remove utilizing screws hidden by plastic caps and clips.
If people start selling custom painted top covers, I might be interested in that. Would also be interested in seeing what additions they can add via a 3D printed cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers